In heat?

Help Support CattleToday:

neketroy

Reaction score
On Aug. 24, I bought a palomino paint and an appaloosa. The App looks pregnant and the paint was in bred on that day. We brought them hom on the 26th and the App puts her ears back and kicks my cryptorchid. The paint just stands there and does pee quite a lot around him, but yesterday she had some thick white looking liquid dripping from her rear end. Does it sound as if the App is pregnant or that the breedind worked on the Paint? I'm not sure this post makes sense. I've got so many questions and they're all jumbled in my head.
Thanks

I would say she not bred. And think it is to late in the year to breed her now. Better luck next year.

Scotty

if shes winking and peeing a lot shes probably not bred. the appaloosa sounds like she may be but appaloosas are ornery anyway.. so who knows? i dont.

Scotty":1begf3xe said:
I would say she not bred. And think it is to late in the year to breed her now. Better luck next year.

Scotty

I agree with Scotty, in my opion it's too late to breed this year, so time will tell. Although any mare will wink after they urinate, a mare in heat will wink and squirt little amounts of urine around (what they think is) the stud.

Next time you breed you can be sure by following it up with a preg check.

Your Appy sounds like she being a Appy.

Good luck,

Alan

Latest posts