In Dew Time

Help Support CattleToday:

Bertch

Reaction score
What about the bull in dew time? i cant find anybody who has used him in our state. he is a black simmental dream on son. I have considered using him to produce some show heifers. you can get sexed semen out of him.

He was discussed somewhat on the "Simmental Breeders" thread on the Breeds Board - check it out and PM some of the posters.

Bertch":15ls9qv2 said:
What about the bull in dew time? i cant find anybody who has used him in our state. he is a black simmental dream on son. I have considered using him to produce some show heifers. you can get sexed semen out of him.

TRAIT CE BW WW YW MCE MM MWW CW YG MB BF REA SHR STAY API TI
EPD 18.1 -0.8 29.7 52.4 8.2 1.7 16.6 -8.8 0.14 0.43 0.060 -0.07 -0.16 18.2 133.6 69.9

This bull is definately not the best son of CNS Dream On as he is weak in too many categories:
CE excellent
BW very good
MCE very good
MWW weak
his WW is below average for Simm
his YW is below average for Simm
his MM is way below average for Simm
Marbling is good.
Stay is average
API is Good, but you can do better
TI is not what I would consider good as a terminal sire. Had he been on our place he would have gotten a band for being under 70 on TI
I wouldnt consider using him as a herd sire for any cow on our place-- he just doesnt measure up to our standards.
Try this Bull for Growth>>>>> SS Ebony's Grandmaster ASA # 2281133
CE BW WW YW MCE Milk MWW Stay CW YG Marb Fat REA API TI
EPD +16.8 -7.7 +64.0 +104 -2.7 +2.8 +34.8 +26.7 +6.4 +.08 -.09 +.05 +.21 147 86

or you can always try a simangus heifer by breeding Simm cows to Angus Bulls like SS Objective; MYTTY In Focus; Blue Moon 4407M; Bon View New Design 1407

The In Dew Time bull is going to work wonderful on heifers as far as a calving ease standpoint goes. But he is not the most complete calving ease bull out there. If you are interested in staying with the dream on line there is also svf njc built right he is putting really good daughters on the ground, but i do not believe they offer sexed semen on him.

Jeremy is correct.
You can get sexed semen on In Dew Time now. He is a popular bull. I never used him. The few calves I've seen by him are pretty light boned - like Angus, and I prefer a heavier bone.
I have some embryos coming by Built Right, and I am breeding to Grand Master right now for next spring.
Sand Ranch Hand (ABS) and Ebony Trademark are also calving ease Simmental sires, but again, I don't think there is any sexed semen available right now.

Yep, for sure bonafide heifer bull; makes the soft, average bone, fancy....btw, there was sexed Built Right semen available, but it sold out fast....not sure if it is available again or not.

There are some pictures of show heifers from him in the most recent edition of the Register. Look in the show circuit pages.

Jeanne,

Are you choosing Grand Master for his numbers? He is in the top 1 percent in most everything. I love his frame score. I think he would work great on on our simbrahs in regard in framing them down.

We saw a heifer sired by him a the regional show in OK. She looked great, but was not so good on the move. Finished in the middle of the class.

ffamom - we saw two blazed face heifers at KILE last fall & really liked them, but didn't recognize the sire, so we went to the owners & looked at Reg papers & asked him about Grand Master. Being a Joker son, we expected him to be a hard calver. So, we were interested before we even saw his numbers.
Ask us next year, we'll have calves on the ground.

talldog":2tgbl3tf said:
If you'll would for a beginner, Please define the abb. used to score this Bull---- Thanks !!
I would try if I understood what you were asking??? Is this what you need:
CE - calving ease
BW - birth weight
WW - weaning wt
YW - yearling wt
MCE - maternal calving ease
MWW - maternal weaning wt
MM - maternal milk
Stay - how good his daughters should last in your herd
API - All purpose index - uses all the traits needed for replacements
TI - Terminal Index - uses all the traits needed for terminal calves

Latest posts