In Circles

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Been a really crazy night.
Went out at 10pm to do my night check and thought I would first check the cows right by the house. Cows were fine, but the daughters 25 yo mare had slipped on some ice and was down. 2 of the geldings were grabbing at her and trying to get her up. Never seen nor heard of horses doing this. Went to get help, but by the time we got back she was up.
Continued to the barn and found that a cow we had cut off today had calved and her calf was laying on some ice.
Got the pair in the barn and the calf is in the hot box.

Just checked him a little while ago and I don't know if he is going to survive. Left him in the box and gave him a tube of Nurse Mate. Noticed that he has 2 lower teeth that are almost fully out and 2 more just barley past breaking through the gum.
Going to be a long night.

around Dec or so when we had that rough weather my horse sliped on some ice and split open his knee cap. Didn't get toe and heel shoes on in time. Since I put them on havn't had much trouble with the ice around. If you have a lot of ice and still ridin you could have your shoer put on studded shoes. good luck with everything.

Calf is up and trying to nurse. :D :D
Horse was seen heading up to the corral this morning for their feed.

I luv herfrds":1zfj0jb4 said:
Calf is up and trying to nurse. :D :D
Horse was seen heading up to the corral this morning for their feed.

Good on ya. It's nice to hear some good news on here for a change.

Here's a picture of the calf.

Twins011.jpg

Latest posts