Improving the way of rearing n caring

Help Support CattleToday:

pushpendra

Reaction score
Dear forum, I have a small herd of 50 cows and 2 bulls and heifers also. In India we are very much dependent on labours which is very shamefull and that is becuase we are not aware to how to design a particular place where less labour and more work can be done. So here I am today asking you all to help me out in giving me some idea as where can I find some plans or design which can help me make my self in a more organised form. I did contact some designers in UK but they were very costly for me, therefore if there are some links showing such designs which can help me getting myself prepre seperate pens for all etc. So please do send me if you have any ideas for the same. Thankyou.

Pushpendra....You've come to the right place. Novatech gave you some good links. Just stick with cattletoday and you'll have more help than you can imagine. Good luck to you.

With any of the facilities posted, I think it helps if you can put your water source inside the facilities if possible. Preferably behind at least two gates. In my opinion, cows seem to know when you are going to work them and will do their upmost to make your life miserable on the day you have to work them. To remedy this, I just shut the gate to the pen so they can't get water. A few hours later, I open the gates and they file right into the pen to get a drink and to be worked.

Jogeephus":1i5nmw75 said:
With any of the facilities posted, I think it helps if you can put your water source inside the facilities if possible. Preferably behind at least two gates. In my opinion, cows seem to know when you are going to work them and will do their upmost to make your life miserable on the day you have to work them. To remedy this, I just shut the gate to the pen so they can't get water. A few hours later, I open the gates and they file right into the pen to get a drink and to be worked.

I heard that. It helps if you feed em in there for about a week or so before you work em to. By then they are to stupid to figure out you are about to work them and run right into the trap.

Dear Sir,
I have no words to thank you all for ur replies. I am visiting all the links and on my way bettering my place. Also the way you all are co operative to others is a very positve approach. This kind of help will definately furnish the position of cattle keepers who are on their way towards development. Thank You once again to you all. :banana:

Latest posts