Improving the Value of Feeder Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Pretty much says what they all say. It's a good article though.

British X Continental cross is the way to go. There aren't many true "Commercial" cattlemen who don't know the advantage of heterosis and crossbreeding.

Saw this before and found it interesting. But keep in mind that the data is from the Arkansas Livestock Market, so may not mean much in other areas.

Thanks Annie
Interesting article but from the pricing table I don't think it can hold true across the U S. Don't know what sells good in Canada but around here they like blacks and black baldies. I am sure that varies from different locales across the country.

buckaroo_bif":1ztpwfsd said:
Thanks Annie
Interesting article but from the pricing table I don't think it can hold true across the U S. Don't know what sells good in Canada but around here they like blacks and black baldies. I am sure that varies from different locales across the country.

I keep hearing they like blacks here too, but was at the Auction barn Monday and the crossbreds brought as much as anything else.

A truckload (48850 lbs.) of 7 1/2 weight char X brangus brought well over a $1. Well over.

I think it's a bunch of hype and misinformation being spread.

The packers do want the large carcasses. It takes as long to dress a 500 lb. carcass as it does a 950 weight.

Latest posts