Impressive Bale/Swath/Corn grazing resource

Help Support CattleToday:

Aaron

Reaction score
Alberta Agriculture has put together a tremendous resource in the form of 47 short YouTube videos for those individuals who are interested in the various forms of winter grazing techniques.

If you have ever been interested or have done such types of grazing, these shed light into all aspects of it. I wish these had been around when I started bale grazing, they would have saved me a lot of time and grief.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOUwfF01x2YVXr2cBui0KgskBRwZsKwMr

I watched a few and they were very informative. Always interesting to see how others do things especially from different parts of the world.

I asked a national grazing expert about MN swath grazing. He said we were in a marginal area due to snow. I think that means it should work in the fall, but you can be in trouble in a high snow year.

Thanks for posting this Aaron. The folks who put these videos together did a great job of it. Even got to meet a few of those in these videos.

Great resource, the effects make so much sense, our cows are calving on banked grass with hay supplement, while over the fence they calf in yards on straw, with a full ration.