Important info on my fate I found out last week.

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I wish I had this hanging up on both sides of the gate
1af2c989cce15754974709b98cf4a202_zps8be6243c.jpg

That's good. If its closed, shut it behind you, if its open, leave it open. For the life of me I can't understand what's so tough about that.

lol I had some cattle in my Yard fertilizing it and eating whats left of my winter garden when I came back out the house

I decided a long time ago that it's easier to close a gate than chase cows. I don't always follow that advice, but I try.

Took me awhile to teach my wife that lesson. She learned it real well one stormy night when a heifer got out a gate she left open and got into a corn field.

wacocowboy":11jisltv said:
Took me awhile to teach my wife that lesson. She learned it real well one stormy night when a heifer got out a gate she left open and got into a corn field.

Tell us the story and it has to start out with this sentence..............

IT WAS A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3waycross":2209uv7w said:
wacocowboy":2209uv7w said:

Tell us the story and it has to start out with this sentence..............

IT WAS A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was a dark and stormy night about 9 or 10pm wife was at work one of my cows was making a bunch of fuss, so I went to check and her calf was on the road. After a few cuss words went back to the house got my 4wheeler to try and push the heifer back in. That stupid heifer would go one way then the next never would go back up my drive way. I did catch her one time but she was to strong and wet couldn't hold on. When wife came home about 12 had her park her car across the road so hopefully she would go up our driveway but nope across the county road into a corn field. We chased her around the corn field several times got her back on the county road a few times but wouldn't go up the drive way kept going back to the corn field. This whole time it was pouring down and the corn field was one big muddy mess. At 3 am the spot light went out I said to heck with it time to go get dry fill the 4 wheeler up with gas get a few hours of sleep. Got up at dawn it had stopped raining went out there heifer was on the road right next to her momma across the fence. Blocked off the road with my truck got around her pushed her toward the drive way and she ran right up the drive way and through a side gate back into the pasture with the other cows. Don't know why she wouldn't do that at night guess she wanted a night out. My spotlight never did work again guess to much water and mud. Wife learned to closing gates is better than chasing a heifer in the rain and mud. I learned to check behind her make sure that gate is closed.

3waycross":elidk9dr said:
good story Waco....you need to learn how to rope off the 4wheeler.

I am not much with a rope flat footed or on a horse. I think I would have a really hard time hitting the throttle and trying to rope especially since I am right handed and throttle is on the right. I have tried it a few times with nothing to show but a tangled rope lol. I am always open to suggestions.

Latest posts