Importance of COOL: Read Your Food Labels

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
I got an e-mail from a major cattle producer in Ohio. He had purchased a 20lb box of "farm raised" catfish at one of the Big Box Food & Merchandise retailers & Clubs...you know who they are...

Yep...in very small print...

"Product of China" ...

...for "Farm Raised Catfish"...

P.S.: He also mentioned that the Catfish had a "weird taste"...he threw all of the fish in trash...

"Caveat Emptor"...

I'll pass on the Chinese catfish. Also the shrimp,crab meat, and crawfish from China.

Amen to that! I don't even want to think about the production methods that bring us half price seafood from the other side of the world.

I was able to get product of USA, gulf shrimp tonight at my grocery store. They had the farm raised in China crap out in the case but the clerk checked the freezer for me and found a bag. Probably the last shrimp we will get for quite awhile........

It is sad why our Government can not understand why we have so much unemployment. When a large percentage of our products are made from other countries and all our factories are closing. We are nothing but a big retail store for other countries. When the rural people lost their voice in gov. all common sense when by the way side.

one of my friends got so sick from eating shrimp from one of them joints he almost died...why would a guy like yer friend buy anything from a place like that..specially any kinda fresh food...no kind of animal product of nay kind will be eaten in my house bought from one of them stores

cowboy43":30xms5d9 said:
It is sad why our Government can not understand why we have so much unemployment. When a large percentage of our products are made from other countries and all our factories are closing. We are nothing but a big retail store for other countries. When the rural people lost their voice in gov. all common sense when by the way side.
It's the same here except we also get our stuff from Koria, Tiawan and India, I wont eat anything that was not produced in the British Isles, with one exception New Zealand Lamb, if I can't find Welsh.

Latest posts