Import cattle from US to Canada ?

Help Support CattleToday:

mpassmore85

Reaction score
Looking at buying 5-10 Brahman cross cows from the US and bringing up to Canada. Does anyone know what process needs to be followed ?

I wouldn't have thought Brahman cattle would be that popular in such northern lattitudes. I know nothing of the process involved as I am from Australia. All the best with your venture.

Ken

Thats like wanting to buy a vehicle in the US and telling him - why not try and build your own first or find a used one locally? Maybe he want's something specific down there. Cattle ship back and forth daily, follow the rules and its no big deal.

Supa Dexta":1gxf910c said:
Thats like wanting to buy a vehicle in the US and telling him - why not try and build your own first or find a used one locally? Maybe he want's something specific down there. Cattle ship back and forth daily, follow the rules and its no big deal.
There are Brahman breeders already in Canada that has cattle that got used to the climate and environment.

mpassmore85":1o60m2is said:
Looking at buying 5-10 Brahman cross cows from the US and bringing up to Canada.
Does anyone know what process needs to be followed ?
Not required, but I'd suggest starting by getting your head examined. :) (tongue firmly in cheek)

Planning for a future in the rodeo?
Or couldn't you get into med school and your plan B is to Ride Bulls and Meet Nurses?
I suppose with Canadian Health Care that's a viable option.

P.S.
A late :welcome: to the boards

I just want some specific Brahman x Jersey from down south. Pets lol.
Have 40 longhorns and 1 longhorn Brahman cross, braunviehx Brahman and some miscellaneous haha