Implaints

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

How widely are implaints used? Do they really make a difference? How are the implaints incerted into the calf? Thanks for any replies!
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

The use of implants is fairly common, but its value is controversial. Some implants cause the ribeye to grow larger than normal for the steer/heifer and as a result unable to marble properly.<p>Implants are placed either in the fat at the base of the ear or in the cartilage of the ear with a hollow needle.<p>I really think the value of implants varies in type of cattle and management of them. I don't use any implants in any stock for breeding.<p>Jason Trowbridge<br>Southern Angus Farms<br>Alberta Canada
<br>

[email protected]

Good for you, Jason!<br>: The use of implants is fairly common, but its value is controversial. Some implants cause the ribeye to grow larger than normal for the steer/heifer and as a result unable to marble properly.<p>: Implants are placed either in the fat at the base of the ear or in the cartilage of the ear with a hollow needle.<p>: I really think the value of implants varies in type of cattle and management of them. I don't use any implants in any stock for breeding.<p>: Jason Trowbridge<br>: Southern Angus Farms<br>: Alberta Canada<p>
<br>

[email protected]

<br>: I really think the value of implants varies in type of cattle and management of them. I don't use any implants in any stock for breeding.<p>: Jason Trowbridge<br>: Southern Angus Farms<br>: Alberta Canada<p>Jason ,<br>Most everyone agrees in not using implants on breding cattle but..<p>Do you use implants in animals used for food.
<br>

I have eaten cattle that were implanted as calves. So it would have been at least a year between implant and slaughter.<p>I don't implant any cattle anymore as I have so few that are not considered for breeding stock. I always use at least a 4 to 6 month period before eating an animal with any implants or even any medication.<p>I'm not sure there is any real proof about the supposed dangers of implants, or their real economic value.<p>Jason Trowbridge<br>Southern Angus Farms<br>Alberta Canada<br>
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts