Immigration 101

Help Support CattleToday:

I thought it was this:
Step 1: try to enter the country legally
Step 2: fail at that and get in any way you can illegally
Step 3: claim welfare benefits and bed up with 20 of your family members under one roof
Step 4 : have as many kids as You can and claim more fare benefits while working under the table
Step 5: your kids go to public schools, while you work under the table, and now force your language upon all the residents of the country you are inhabiting
Step 6: retire with full social security benefits because some president made you a citizen because you've been here long enough

Now from a presidential viewpoint:
Step 1: make up names for the voter rolls and vote
Step 2: get elected and show everyone you were just talking a good game
Step 3: make it legal for all illegal immigrants to live here with all benefits
Step 4: get the minority vote again via step 3
Step 5: ??????????????????????

I am as conservative as one can be, this is a slippery slope here that I have no answer for.
We need to do something as we all immigrated here from somewhere legally and illegally.
The problem I have with recent immigrant's is they do not want to assimilate to be American.
This discussion has been going on for hundreds of years in this country with all the slang names that go with the German's, Italian's, Irish, and so on.

I have ZERO problems with immigrants. I have all kinds of problems with illegal immigrants. Breaking laws even as they enter the country but we can expect them to follow the rules the rest of their lives?

the problem is some come for a free ride.
we have a problem with free loaders native and emigrated.
take away the free ride and sentence the criminals to hard labor.
then lets see who still wants to come to the U.S

The question to ask yourself is where your ancestor's came from and why.
We are a melting pot and have been since the beginning of this country, it is the one thing that made us so great.
We came together to be American's from all corner's of the world.

I am not saying there is not a problem with today's system. The problem goes back since we were founded and we have never really addressed it. It has been yelled and screamed by every generation just pick out a race or nationality.

This is not a quick blanket fix, we need to have a real discussion and a real immigration policy in this country.

Caustic Burno":2fk1xc3g said:
This is not a quick blanket fix, we need to have a real discussion and a real immigration policy in this country.

I agree. I understand where the president is coming from. You can't blame children for the acts that their parents committed. I think that instead of just giving them citizenship they should have to serve 4 years in the military then be able to hold a steady job for 4 more years. After these years then the person should take the necessary test and then the oath to the country. I think that would be fare. I'm a natural born citizen and I know some would say you didn't have to join the military to be a citizen, but someone down my line of ancestry paid for every generation after them. And I am doing my hardest to make them proud. :2cents:

Problem is that the dang illegals don't even care about an oath to the country. They just want all the financial benefits that come with being on his country and a free market. And then we have to pay teachers to teach english as a second language on Our dime because the kids cant speak a lick of english. Try going to another country that speaks another language and demanding that they learn English. Isn't gonna happen

hooknline":2i64vxtr said:
Problem is that the dang illegals don't even care about an oath to the country. They just want all the financial benefits that come with being on his country and a free market. And then we have to pay teachers to teach english as a second language on Our dime because the kids cant speak a lick of english. Try going to another country that speaks another language and demanding that they learn English. Isn't gonna happen

Who's fault is that. Look's like our's from were I am sitting.
We can't even get our own citizen's to support themselves.
Again it's our fault, we have let politican's continue to buy vote's of those who won't work.

It's our fault alright. It should have been dealt with as one of the original pieces of the constitution

I think the melting pot is a big part of what made our country great, the best from many cultures became part of the fabric of America. We have one of the most generous immigration policies in the world and we need to keep it that way.

But today's illegal immigrants are different. They don't seem to want to become Americans, they just want what Americans have. Some of the protests awhile back that were shown on the news, they had signs with a map of Mexico, California, Arizona, etc. all combined, some of them actually think they are entitled to take over territory.

Giving the young illegals "papers" puts them in direct competition for jobs, college entrance openings, etc. with "born and raised" American citizens. Not to mention providing a huge incentive for more to sneak in.

The wink, wink, nod, nod that was our border security for all these years is biting us in the butt. One of the biggest failures and mistakes in history for the U.S. government was failing to secure the borders and nip it in the bud before it became so large a problem.

hooknline":3kcffxru said:
It's our fault alright. It should have been dealt with as one of the original pieces of the constitution

It was dealt with early in the Bill of Rights. "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people." That is pretty plain to understand.

But there has been a perversion of our founding documents. It became acceptable to "interpret" the plain language. The federal government has found an unconstitutional way to grow unregulated and uncontested by the people.

Sometimes my children "interpret" what I say in plain language and I have to help them re-understand English. We need to help our representatives with the same.

Problem is more often than not the border states need fed backing or funding to deal with illegals. Look at the az new Mexico Texas border. Too many miles to patrol, too few people, and not enough money. And then when az tries to deal with it, the supreme ct( federal) undermines the law that the az people voted for.

Latest posts