I'm thru with wild cows (pics included)

Help Support CattleToday:

You need a felt hat. :nod: I wear straw in the summer but have a felt hanging in the tackroom that goes on any time I saddle a horse no matter how hot it is. I got drug through the rocks about fifteen years ago and was told at the hospital that my hat probably saved my life... Now you all know why I act like I do. It was the concussions. :roll:
It also takes the right horse to take care of you in brush. My old gelding will baybysit the kids or my wife all day long and not get them in a jam but he'll jam me up in a tree or knock my leg off on a post just to prove that he can. :lol:
In the mean time, you have a major sympathy points win with Mrs. bigfoot. :D Hope you heal quick.

Bigfoot":3tu7ba1x said:
branguscowgirl":3tu7ba1x said:
Were you on a horse bigfoot?

Yes mam. I've had a stiff neck for a few years now, so I can't dunk any more.
I am like you with the neck, I can't dodge the branches too well either. (mine is plated.) So I ride a short horse now. Helps with the stiff knees too! :D
Glad that you did not get hurt worse.

I will take my chance on a quad or on foot, no horses here anymore I.

I had a bad encounter with a tree branch the other day when I was mowing the lawn . Hubby cut some branches and left a few hanging that were not there before . Did not tell me he did a shytty job trimming them :???: Can you imagine what trouble I would get into on a horse :help:

Hope you do not have too much of a headache and neck ache tomorrow Bigfoot :tiphat:

I would say Kwik stop powder, a glove liner, and some gorilla tape make an excellent impromptu bandage.

well my guess is that none of this was the horses fault.....
title was wild cows and no one here is slamming cows.....
pointing a hoss, probably moving at speed, though obstacles from which you are personally unable to evade is pilot error....

not hating on bigfoot....he was just doing what us old cowboys do....

but I bet he will agree that the horse is the last one in line to blame....

You ever thought about a hard hat? I had an old uncle that always wore one on the farm. I always thought he looked funny working cattle with a hard hat on, but now that I am older and my head looks like a roadmap from scars I am beginning to think he was pretty smart.

As one old cowman I used to work with would say......

"Hide will grow back...
Pride won't"

I used to find it more appropriate in the past than I do today about many things....