I'm so glad April is almost over . . . .

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
Hubby needed a break, so he got on the road from WA on 3/31, headed to Missouri to visit friends and fam for a month. He starts back tomorrow. Of course, as it always happens, it's when your right hand man leaves that things start going to craaap. Had a big fight w/ the irrigation company (resolved); needed fencing done (done), but the biggest shocker was that son's GF of 2 years and her 3 kids moved to the ranch. Yes, we have 2 separate homes on the place, thank God. She had a job offer 2 wks ago, started last week, and the whole crew moved over this last weekend. They are good kids, and spent their first day in our small schools in Thorp today. Lexie (9) and Isaiah (13) immediately made new friends and have sports activities planned; Dylan (14) was pleased that it's okay to chew gum in class AND he is the only boy in the 7th grade class. But it will be a whole different dynamic here until everyone is re-situated. Welcome home, Honey!

what is the secret to getting the spouse to leave for a month.....

I could handle the rest one handed....heck I am typing this one handed....

Hit my thumb with a hammer a week ago and triggered a real RA flareup in the whole right hand....so wearing braces on it which brings some relief by limiting movement and allowing time for healing...can still use the fingers so can type with two hands but make a lot of keying errors with the brace...hand is getting better but I am delivering thee tons of summer cover crop seed to my project participants this week and handling every bag several times so the brace is needed insurance....

Kathie that's got be a bit of a shock for the kids, I been through Thorpe several times..... It's a don't blink town ....... With a great fruit stand. This comes from aguy who's closes town, 2 miles away, has a boat ramp with a small mom and pop market and a tavern. All anyone needs. How big of an area did they move from?

Kathie,
Have you kept hubby up to date with all the goings on, or is he gonna appreciate it all when he gets back? :)

PDFAngus, he usually does a MO trip for a couple weeks every year. Alan, they came over from Selah/Yakima area. Named em, no, haven't posted any pictures of that crew yet. Limomike, he's been kept generally apprised, "in person" is always different. So far, so good.