I'm so excited, and so glad my Mom isn't on the CT boards!

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
Tomorrow is my parents' 60th anniversary. On the weekend, all of the sibs (7), and many grandkids, from CO to OR will meet for a family anniversary party.

Yesterday, I stumbled on a local ad for silverplate flatware (for you guys, that would be silverware) in the same pattern Mom had on her bridal registry. I think she has service for 8 or so, so she hasn't used hers in years, because she can't set a full table of it. I found service for 7-8 of the basics, and a bunch of serving pieces including some that aren't even available on the replacement sites, in a big chest. I went on-line and figured out what these pieces would cost now, and came up with somewhere between $700-900 easy.

FOR $40!!!! I can hardly contain myself as I dance around the house tonight! :D :D :D

Woohoo, nothing like a bargain! Congratulations Kathie! And to your parents for their 60th - my God - hubby and I are over halfway there too!

I bet your mom's face will be priceless when she sees that silverware. If your dad is like me, he will be saying, "what is all the fuss about!?" We will be married 29 years this year and I am clueless to what we got for presents, but my wife knows! Congrats to the parents, and good for all you and your siblings on making this extra special by making plans to all be there at one time!! Hire a good photographer and get a big family picture and make it available for all the separate siblings to get their family pictures done with Mom and Dad. They will be treasures in years to come. CONGRATS Kathie!!!!!

That ought to be one terrific party! Isn't it nice you found something you know they will appreciate? Ya' done good, Kathie!

Jogeephus":w0f73ddu said:
So how tickled was she? I can imagine her doing the moonwalk. :lol2:
We won't be going over until tomorrow, Jogeephus -- party starts then. I can't imagine her doing the moonwalk, but I think she'll be pretty surprised. :)

So glad you found what you wanted Katie....Good wishes for your Mum and Dad for a Happy Anniversary. Hope you have a good time...and Happy New Year to you. and yours.

Dave":24mgqmvo said:
Which road are you headed down? I heard the ski report this morning and there is lots of fresh snow in the mountains.
Dave, my brother came over Snoqualmie to get us, and he hit weather. We left E-burg area about 9:00 AM. We were lucky going over the Blues in OR, as we beat that storm across about noonish. Family members that came across OR late afternoon/early evening Friday weren't so lucky -- it was snowing/blowing/snotty. Clear weather coming home today through OR, and it sounds like Snoqualmie is okay for the brother's trip home.

Chrissy and all, Mom was not speechless, but she was very pleased with her silverware. That was such a great (and so timely) find! And it was a short visit with all the sibs, but we had a blast. Younger brothers and several grandkids were delighted to go out on the tractor and hay wagon to feed cattle, and then do hog chores.

Happy New Year to all. With some help, I'll post some pics of my sis' OR ranch soon. Also some interesting info about Herf bull to BA cows breeding that my brother-in-law did last year for 2011's fall calves.

It's nice to be home.

Kathie, glad to hear you had a good visit, a great party, and that the silverware was appreciated! YES, we do want to see pictures!

Happy New Year!

Latest posts