I'm in trouble!

Help Support CattleToday:

MO_cows

Reaction score
I didn't mean to do it, but I did.

Someone gave hubby a jar of peach moonshine for Christmas cheer. We had a sample sip and put it in the frig. It was really good, sweet and peachy on the front end with the 'shine "bite" on the back end.

Prior to that, I had also put some pink grapefruit juice, in a jar, in the frig.

Doing some re-arranging and frig cleanout, I spotted a jar with brownish pulp on the bottom and clear liquid towards the top. I thought the grapefruit juice had turned. I poured it down the sink. About the time I got the jar all the way tipped over, I caught a whiff of peach and realized I had just poured perfectly good hooch down the drain. :cry2: :dunce: :bang:

He wasn't too mad........

Oh my! What were you thinking? Wonder what the stuff was in the bottom? Peach syrup or something used as an infusion after the fact maybe?

Don't feel bad. At least its better than having some of your spiked fruit bunch be carried and given to the children at pre-school at church and the kids drinking it all with their snacks. A certain person didn't listen in my house and didn't grasp the concept of the two cases of lil boxes of Juicy Juice was for the kids and the pitcher of juice was NOT. Good thing was all the kids had very good naps that day.

The stuff at the bottom was bits of fruit. I think they took moonshine and then put peach puree in it and let it macerate.

Oh my, glad there was no disaster with the kiddies. Times have changed. I remember my mother rubbing hard liquor on little sister's gums to help her with teething. Nowadays they would lock her up.

MO_cows":9k2c4pvv said:
I didn't mean to do it, but I did.

Someone gave hubby a jar of peach moonshine for Christmas cheer. We had a sample sip and put it in the frig. It was really good, sweet and peachy on the front end with the 'shine "bite" on the back end.

Prior to that, I had also put some pink grapefruit juice, in a jar, in the frig.

Doing some re-arranging and frig cleanout, I spotted a jar with brownish pulp on the bottom and clear liquid towards the top. I thought the grapefruit juice had turned. I poured it down the sink. About the time I got the jar all the way tipped over, I caught a whiff of peach and realized I had just poured perfectly good hooch down the drain. :cry2: :dunce: :bang:

He wasn't too mad........

You ought to be whooped with a peach limb :shock: :lol2:

MO_cows":3cbi8vi6 said:
The stuff at the bottom was bits of fruit. I think they took moonshine and then put peach puree in it and let it macerate.

That's what it sounds like. Its hard to mix stuff with liquor and have it stay in solution. Peach whiskey I'm familiar with is just a clear as water. I do have an old recipe somewhere for a maceration that had people coming from several states by horse or mule to purchase. They say its really good. One day I plan on making some just to see what all the hype was about.

A couple of years ago the GF put home made plum wine in a cran/raspberry jug in my frig. There was also a jug of real cran/raspberry juice. So I had an early morning. I made breakfast to eat on the road. Poured a big cup of juice. Driving down the road at 5:00 in the morning I took a very large swallow of plum wine. I about blew it all over the dash. Not that it was bad wine but it was sort of a surprise when not expecting it.

Dave":osbomifq said:
A couple of years ago the GF put home made plum wine in a cran/raspberry jug in my frig. There was also a jug of real cran/raspberry juice. So I had an early morning. I made breakfast to eat on the road. Poured a big cup of juice. Driving down the road at 5:00 in the morning I took a very large swallow of plum wine. I about blew it all over the dash. Not that it was bad wine but it was sort of a surprise when not expecting it.

That must be that "breakfast of champions" I've heard of. What a way to start the day!

Jogeephus":2ogfagbh said:
MO_cows":2ogfagbh said:

That's what it sounds like. Its hard to mix stuff with liquor and have it stay in solution. Peach whiskey I'm familiar with is just a clear as water. I do have an old recipe somewhere for a maceration that had people coming from several states by horse or mule to purchase. They say its really good. One day I plan on making some just to see what all the hype was about.

Do it! The stuff I wasted was really good. The first taste was just peach, then the shine came around on the back end and smacked you.

Jogeephus":2izxnfsu said:
MO_cows":2izxnfsu said:

Had a little run of peach brandy years back. My cousin wanted some for his customers around Christmas. Came back to me and said they didn't think it was real peach as it was clear.

fitz

Jogeephus":2wz8gbog said:
MO_cows":2wz8gbog said:

When you do that, I'll take my Florida vacation, meaning I'll pass right by your house--save a little'

Latest posts