I'M Confused

Help Support CattleToday:

Wow gimpyrancher.......you sure do paint with a broad brush. :(
If that's all you see on these boards and in this country, I really feel bad for you. I'm not saying that negativity doesn't exist, but there sure is alot of positive if one just opens their eyes and ears. Its there.

TennesseeTuxedo":3me714u5 said:
A Muslim terrorist killed 13 in the Ft. Hood shooting and I'm sure as an American you simply had a momentary lapse and forgot that fact.

Sorry about that. Don't want to forget our brave men and woman in uniform. But you misunderstood. That terrorist you speak of was an American. In fact, an American soldier if I remember correctly. I am speaking of foreign Muslim Terrorists.

Workinonit Farm":1w3mg3ms said:
If that's all you see on these boards and in this country, I really feel bad for you. I'm not saying that negativity doesn't exist, but there sure is alot of positive if one just opens their eyes and ears. Its there.

Yes, I probably have a justifiable slanted view. I went from being a white male republican to an identifiable minority at the drop of a hat. I then worked in Civil Rights enforcement for about 15 years and was exposed to things most don't see. I probably see and hear things differently than most.

But bottom line, I love my country, mostly.

TennesseeTuxedo":dgycuir9 said:
Not sure why you are differentiating. A Muslim committed an act of terror. Period.

Not to be confused with all the rest of the killings in America and around the world by people that prey to my God?? Sorry, I can't ignore the numbers or the affiliations.

gimpyrancher":18iklct7 said:
bball":18iklct7 said:
For educational purposes, can someone explain why it was locked? Thanks

Forgetting all the rest, did you even read the last post before it was locked? Do you really need to ask why?

Personally and as an American, I really appreciate and applaud the moderators.
I missed it....think I"m probably glad I did. No idea who made it.

gimpyrancher":33t132ke said:
Forget that the rich have gained the power that caused us to break away from England and steal this country from the prior owners. Forget that the rich and the Corporations hungry for ever more profits have caused our jobs to disappear. Now it is all about individuals/corporations who have everything and want more.

Wow. Class warfare much :?: :???: :???: :???: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Somehow this post did not surprise me at all :( :( :(

gimpyrancher":3327wa7p said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3327wa7p said:
Not sure why you are differentiating. A Muslim committed an act of terror. Period.

Not to be confused with all the rest of the killings in America and around the world by people that prey to my God?? Sorry, I can't ignore the numbers or the affiliations.

Prey?

gimpyrancher":16ptbw37 said:
Workinonit Farm":16ptbw37 said:

Yes, I probably have a justifiable slanted view. I went from being a white male republican to an identifiable minority at the drop of a hat. I then worked in Civil Rights enforcement for about 15 years and was exposed to things most don't see. I probably see and hear things differently than most.

But bottom line, I love my country, mostly.

What are you doing to help others understand what's happening in our country and give them reason to love it and help preserve it??

gimpyrancher":1hlv4h77 said:
bball":1hlv4h77 said:
For educational purposes, can someone explain why it was locked? Thanks

Forgetting all the rest, did you even read the last post before it was locked? Do you really need to ask why?

Personally and as an American, I really appreciate and applaud the moderators.

Yes, I in fact did read the last post. And clearly I needed to ask why or I wouldn't have asked. Several things were said and I wanted to know exactly what caused the lockdown. Not a crime to seek understanding.

bball":3ltmn1ik said:
Yes, I in fact did read the last post. And clearly I needed to ask why or I wouldn't have asked. Several things were said and I wanted to know exactly what caused the lockdown. Not a crime to seek understanding.
Did you read the ones that were deleted? Those are the ones that usually get threads locked.

gimpyrancher":z1i8krqi said:
bball":z1i8krqi said:
NEVER, and I mean, NEVER do these armchair experts offer SOLUTIONS, real viable functional solutions. Do you know why? Because there is no real solution, except maybe time.

Really? Time will heal all? It's been the law since the early 50's that put equality on legal standing. Pretty sure that over 60 years is time enough if that were the answer.

Forget that the rich have gained the power that caused us to break away from England and steal this country from the prior owners. Forget that the rich and the Corporations hungry for ever more profits have caused our jobs to disappear. Forgetting that the best of America was after WWII when we had a strong and vibrant middle class. Those that wanted to work had the opportunity to do so. Now? Things have changed. Back when I grew up, everything was about us collectively. Now it is all about individuals/corporations who have everything and want more. Then we had fairly honest representatives, now honest representatives can't even get respect from the media.

Now we have TV advertising that would have moderators locking the subject. Every woman has an infection and every male is soft. Now we have ads about how to insert things in places we didn't even need to mention in those days.

Read some of the discussions and comments on this broad spectrum forum and it isn't hard to see time hasn't changed much of the hate and selfishness of the past. If anything, it has gotten worse if we just look at what is now published and said in public and in the media since we elected an African American President.

When I grew up, I was afraid of the communists. Today, I fear Americans more. In this country, I believe one recent act in SC took more valuable American lives in country than any muslim terrorist has inside our borders since 9/11.

We talk about being good Americans far more than we act like what good Americans stood for back in the day. I am far more afraid for me and my family than my parents every were.

Sorry. I couldn't just ignore the question.

Please reread my post. I said time MAYBE. and please continue to read my post in it's entirity. I said a lot more about it than time. What I didn't see in your post was an offering of any solution. Should be easy for someone with your background.

Here, I will offer my solution: ready? Wait for it... it's real complicated:

Personal accountability. How about every human being, regardless of color, sex, race, religion or any other excuse, take personal accountability and be responsible for your own actions. Make sacrifices for your family and those in your care. Use the tools that are readily available to excel. Sounds trite? Maybe. But it's better than any solution to the race, social, civil, problems of this country I have heard from anyone in the media and read in your post.
I love my country too.
Sensationalizing a tragedy for the sake of viewership, or promoting your agenda is not only disgusting, it's also immoral. If only the media attempted objectivity....

dun":1sxf9rqt said:
bball":1sxf9rqt said:
Did you read the ones that were deleted? Those are the ones that usually get threads locked.

I read the last post by HG.
I was trying to understand if it was his recommendation for 'severe consequences' (paraphrase)

Or his assessment of the influence of 'alternate lifestyles' (paraphrase) and minorities in mainstream media/entertainment outlets.

Or just the general topic and conversations that were potentially heading a certain direction.

If there were posts after that, I missed them. Just trying to get a grip on the 'rules' here.

Thanks dun..if nothing else for atleast being civil. :tiphat:

bball":m3rty5em said:
If there were posts after that, I missed them. Just trying to get a grip on the 'rules' here.

Thanks dun..if nothing else for atleast being civil. :tiphat:
If it's still there I would wager it wasn;t the one or the ones that got it locked.
If more people were civil the moderator would be out of job.

Read some of the discussions and comments on this broad spectrum forum and it isn't hard to see time hasn't changed much of the hate and selfishness of the past. If anything, it has gotten worse if we just look at what is now published and said in public and in the media since we ---became a society where everyone stays connected no matter where we are and there are a million internet bloggers, TV pundits, and radio talk show "hosts" masquerading as "journalists" not to mention the anonymity of the internet where anyone can and does say anything they want without fear of a personal bloody nose or slander lawsuit.

(I fully agree with the underlined part)
I don't think racism is ever far from the surface of America, it just gets covered up for periods of time, by things like the Kuwait War, 9-1-01, Afghanistan, The Iraq War, the recession, but now that all the foreign policy and economic stuff is mostly on a lower pedestal, domestic issues are getting a lot of attention once again. I read a LOT of news everyday, and always read the comment sections below the articles. Same old crap I've heard and read since I was very young. I see the discussions on 1/2 dozen boards I frequently participate on, and most of the bigotry is predominantly from the same places it has always been--from the old south. If the rhetoric I see actually posted in public forum is bad, I suspect what is said in private PM and phone conversation is much much worse.

Latest posts