I'M Confused

Help Support CattleToday:

wlamarparmer

Reaction score
OK Shooting SC Church Shooting locked why?? Did I miss something political /bad language/ just
outside forum rules ??? I agree with some posters, but almost never agree with CNN. Today did,
they say this is event programmed for TV, with deputies background in body Armour, and suspect
answering questions on video. His take nothing to do with justice just TV event .
My Rant
Lamar

For educational purposes, can someone explain why it was locked? Thanks

Appreciate it. Just wanted to be sure i wasn't missing something else.

bball":3ae8ip3a said:
A lot of times when a thread gets locked the offending posts are deleted.

The thing that gets me is our family hasn't had TV for almost 10 years. But I do read the news on Fox most every day, and yes I know their bias. But I've tried some of the other networks, and I really can't relate to how they report the news. Who the heck would want to watch a show called naked survivor?? I have no need in seeing a man naked unless I'm looking in the mirror myself. And some of them talk shows and the guest are out of control. Where do they find some of these folks? No way they can be from this solar system. And the way I see it is, some folks shouldn't have the right of freedom of speech or expression.

Supa Dexta":1ehhe704 said:

I respectfully disagree. It's the same BS take the media always takes on the race issue. They want to beat the drums, stir up the hate and separation, over analyze, and blame all Caucasian folks for the supreme stupidity and ignorance if one fool....all from the safety of their impenetrable ivory towers.
NEVER, and I mean, NEVER do these armchair experts offer SOLUTIONS, real viable functional solutions. Do you know why? Because there is no real solution, except maybe time. Because as long as one man looks at another man, and thinks I don't like you because you're different (for any reason) this will happen. It's the fallen nature of humanity. History is filled with atrocities like this. And as another member here very astutely pointed out, if it hadn't been a gun it would have been any number of other methods to inflict death.
I'm just sick of the media and it's manipulation of these types of events to propel their own agenda. For the record, racism works both ways. Hate is hate, no matter what skin color is involved. Almost 60 years of civil rights equality, and still have racial tensions...it's no accident. And the media plays a role in its perpetuation, not in offering any solution.
:2cents:

Edited to acknowledge Stewart's remarks are less offensive then most of the talking heads..for what that's worth.

I started this thread with a question, so at this point will respond again. I grew up in the rural south and when
I meet my maker, I can tell him that "Chut Nix" (a one armed black man-long story), is one of the greatest men I ever knew.
I think near all have some prejudice, not racist necessarily, but prejudice against that and those we don't agree with or object
to. The South has had a bad rap for a long time on the racism issue, with lots being well deserved, with all that I agree,
have 1st hand knowledge relating to Civil Rights Issues Central Alabama mid 60's. Today, however; based solely on my experience,
as a people we take care of our own. Our neighbor, is our neighbor and receive help no matter of color or creed if honest/
deserving individual. Case in point, 2 weeks ago, Severe thunderstorm Pine Mountain, Ga. Elderly black couple, dog trot type
home, huge oak tree topples onto house. This was next door to a friends home, so fact not news. W/N 1 hour of tree down,
6 chain saws running, 9 men working (all white), friends helping a neighbor.
I do agree that every thing media related is sensationalized, and blown out of proportion for effect. Also, have an issue with the
condescending attitude of the news caster ( as in I'm telling You what You need to know so thank me). If You just lean back,
forget the content and listen to the delivery, You get what I mean.
Sorry if this offend, or anyone object, just my opinion !!!

wlamarparmer":3999j8nh said:
I started this thread with a question, so at this point will respond again. I grew up in the rural south and when
I meet my maker, I can tell him that "Chut Nix" (a one armed black man-long story), is one of the greatest men I ever knew.
I think near all have some prejudice, not racist necessarily, but prejudice against that and those we don't agree with or object
to. The South has had a bad rap for a long time on the racism issue, with lots being well deserved, with all that I agree,
have 1st hand knowledge relating to Civil Rights Issues Central Alabama mid 60's. Today, however; based solely on my experience,
as a people we take care of our own. Our neighbor, is our neighbor and receive help no matter of color or creed if honest/
deserving individual. Case in point, 2 weeks ago, Severe thunderstorm Pine Mountain, Ga. Elderly black couple, dog trot type
home, huge oak tree topples onto house. This was next door to a friends home, so fact not news. W/N 1 hour of tree down,
6 chain saws running, 9 men working (all white), friends helping a neighbor.
I do agree that every thing media related is sensationalized, and blown out of proportion for effect. Also, have an issue with the
condescending attitude of the news caster ( as in I'm telling You what You need to know so thank me). If You just lean back,
forget the content and listen to the delivery, You get what I mean.
Sorry if this offend, or anyone object, just my opinion !!!

It good to help a neighbor. It's how it should be. To of my close neighbors are of a different race than me. I consider them good friends and if need be, we assist one another.
I don't care one way or the other but, I think the thread was locked because you just don't publicly refer to those who don't share your opinions or way of life as a "POS".

to expand/clarify/elaborate on previous of mine concerning Mr Chut Nix. At this time in my life was son of tennant
farmer in mid Alabama. Due to economic events Dad worked away as carpenter. so lots of field work done by siblings
and myself.
Mr Nix was sharecropper next door across fence, at that time he had 3 male/2 female children who I seldom saw in
field, but Mr Nix was there every day farming. When we ended up end of row @ same time I never felt he was talking
to 11 yr old redneck white boy, always called me by name, etc. He used leather shoulder harness to control his plows.
When his landowner decided to sell property and move to west central Georgia in mid 50's Mr Nix is one of three he asked to
follow him.
So this man with his disability, the kindness he showed me, and eventual appreciation of his landlord to follow him to
new life. I even today admire and respect him for who he was !!. Only heard from him couple times later years, but no
matter, knew and appreciated his life.

bball":36q7hakn said:

Forgetting all the rest, did you even read the last post before it was locked? Do you really need to ask why?

Personally and as an American, I really appreciate and applaud the moderators.

bball":32d6ma4s said:
NEVER, and I mean, NEVER do these armchair experts offer SOLUTIONS, real viable functional solutions. Do you know why? Because there is no real solution, except maybe time.

Really? Time will heal all? It's been the law since the early 50's that put equality on legal standing. Pretty sure that over 60 years is time enough if that were the answer.

Forget that the rich have gained the power that caused us to break away from England and steal this country from the prior owners. Forget that the rich and the Corporations hungry for ever more profits have caused our jobs to disappear. Forgetting that the best of America was after WWII when we had a strong and vibrant middle class. Those that wanted to work had the opportunity to do so. Now? Things have changed. Back when I grew up, everything was about us collectively. Now it is all about individuals/corporations who have everything and want more. Then we had fairly honest representatives, now honest representatives can't even get respect from the media.

Now we have TV advertising that would have moderators locking the subject. Every woman has an infection and every male is soft. Now we have ads about how to insert things in places we didn't even need to mention in those days.

Read some of the discussions and comments on this broad spectrum forum and it isn't hard to see time hasn't changed much of the hate and selfishness of the past. If anything, it has gotten worse if we just look at what is now published and said in public and in the media since we elected an African American President.

When I grew up, I was afraid of the communists. Today, I fear Americans more. In this country, I believe one recent act in SC took more valuable American lives in country than any muslim terrorist has inside our borders since 9/11.

We talk about being good Americans far more than we act like what good Americans stood for back in the day. I am far more afraid for me and my family than my parents every were.

Sorry. I couldn't just ignore the question.