I'm confused

Help Support CattleToday:

There is a malfunction with her endocrine system. It could start with the "master" gland in the brain - the pituitary. It has unbalanced her hormone secretions and her body is responding to the hormones that cause milk production. Phytoestrogens in clover have been documented to cause this condition. In your case, it is more likely a foul up in the pituitary.

There is no response from you that is needed. The endocrine system needs to reset. Unless, there is a tumor on one of the glands such as an ovary or on the pituitary.

Bright Raven":1m6f383s said:
There is a malfunction with her endocrine system. It could start with the "master" gland in the brain - the pituitary. It has unbalanced her hormone secretions and her body is responding to the hormones that cause milk production. Phytoestrogens in clover have been documented to cause this condition. In your case, it is more likely a foul up in the pituitary.

There is no response from you that is needed. The endocrine system needs to reset. Unless, there is a tumor on one of the glands such as an ovary or on the pituitary.

Nesi, hit control/alt/del to reset or something like that.

Ken

wbvs58":1atd6364 said:
Bright Raven":1atd6364 said:

Nesi, hit control/alt/del to reset or something like that.

Ken
Where is Ctrl/Alt/Del on a cow? tail, a hoof and the nose? Must be done with one hand?

One thing, since she aborted once, and now would be 6 months along, if she were to have aborted again, she may very well have come to some milk. And this "premature" it would likely NOT look like colostrum. If she is anywhere you can get her in, I'd preg check her. If she is still carrying a calf, then I'd chalk it up to some hormone issues and not worry about it unless she gets hard or real tight and it looks like mastitis.

One other thing, I had a jersey that "came in heat" and I mean full standing heat, all during one pregnancy. Had her preg chckd 4 times and calved 2 days before her original due date. Are you sure she aborted? And have had a cow abort a twin one time that was dead inside her, but went on to carry the other twin to full term and calved right about when she was due.

farmerjan":31rg3tw0 said:
One other thing, I had a jersey that "came in heat" and I mean full standing heat, all during one pregnancy. Had her preg chckd 4 times and calved 2 days before her original due date. Are you sure she aborted? And have had a cow abort a twin one time that was dead inside her, but went on to carry the other twin to full term and calved right about when she was due.
No, I'm not sure about anything with her right now.. I will preg check her, but I'm dealing with 4 cows with pneumonia right now.. got bigger problems to deal with!

I did have one cow in full standing heat a month or two before calving before.. rare but it does happen.