I'm Back for a visit!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Medic24

Reaction score
Hey all .........missed you! Thought about you all numerous times this past very, very busy summer!

Well, things are good. Really good. After all, I seem to keep waking up on the green side of the grass after all. :D

Things are rather good on the farm, we were able to lease a 800 acre pasture from the US forest service for next to nothing. although we have lost a few calves and a yearling or two up there, I assume from accidents or coyotes. But thus is life. And I got smart last year and got livestock insurance for just such a case. Cha-ching! :p

The wife is doing good, and I have not heard nary a word about moving back to Australia in months, as she seems to be enjoying her promotion, and the rather large raise that came with it. Her complaints seem to have diminished considerably.

Our daughter, Kelsie, Bless her heart, is turning 13 in a few weeks, and has just realised that boys are more then just classmates, and school buddies....Yikes! I stand by my original rules of no dating until she is away in college or 25 years old which ever somes first. Well in any case, we still have a few more years until we have to worry about that anyway.

I was a bit unlucky in May, and literally fell off of the side of the mountain, and smashed my wrist, thus having to sit at home with pins and screws stuck in same. The pain for the first few weeks was almost unbearable, and NO, I wasn't able to 'cop' any good drugs to even take the edge off, as she fears that I might turn into a junkie? hummmmm........

We turned the television set on so I would not go insane staring at the four walls, but it was a mistake, as it has remained on since, and has become a most unwelcome visitor in our home.

I cut the first cast off within a few days, the second cast lasted about 2 weeks, the third was about a week, and after that, everyone seemed to think it was a waste to replace it. Sure was fine by me. A few weeks ago, I broke my foot jumping off one of our dump trucks, and of course, that cast was another waste of effort on the orthopedic's time, as I had it cut off in 3 days as well, the foot feels fine in good boots. Of course, My wife has learned thats it's futile to force these things on me, and this last time, nary mentioned a word about the absence of said cast in such a short period of time, other then to make mention, that it was a rather waste of good effort, time, and money to even get casted if I was only going to cut them right off.

My reply was of course, "hey, I knew I broke it, or at least thought I did, wanted to be sure, so I went for the x-rays, and of course, they had to cast it" Who am I to tell them they couldn't, even if it was a waste.

Anyway. Other then that little bump in the road. We have been so blessed with a great year. Our calves look great,our cows look great, and we were lucky to find two new registered Angus bulls with excelent EPD's..........Broke down and purchased some new equipment as well, that sure is making my life sooooo much easier.
Hope you all have been having as good a summer as I have. Bless you all. :heart: :heart: ;-) Medic

Good to hear from you.

I like the 25 year old rule. We got it too.

Hey medic. Wondered where you went. Miss the "off the hip" humor. Glad things are working out. Were you rock climbing?

Sounds like you single handedly raised all of our health insurance rates this summer, but glad to hear you are doing great. :)

Glad to have you back. The scripts that the Docs give you to take at home aint nothing compared to what they themselves give you. When I was in the Hospital a shot of 50 Mg. Demoral would have me out in a matter of seconds. I was in quiet a bit of pain a few weeks ago and the Doc give me a script for 50 Mg. Demoral pills and I would take 2 at a time and they wasn't worth a hoot so I quit taking them. Tylenol over the counter did a better job.

Good to hear from you....was wondering where you were, glad to see that you have kept the farm and are in reasonable health.
Take care of thoes joints, osteo sets in quickly when you get up to my age and the old injuries let you know where they are. Sure can perdict the change in the weather though.
Good to have you back, look forward to your posts..
Dave Mc

I wondered where you were. Glad to have you back.

I raised three girls, all I can say is...... good luck with that 25 year old rule.

Dave

Welcome back Medic. I must be loosing it. I thought you had signed off to go over seas somewhere with the wife. I thought you sold everything and left.

So where are you now? Back to your old place or starting somewhere new?

At any rate, good to see ya back.

Medic, glad to have you back. Missed your posts. Thought you'd moved to Australia!

Latest posts