I'm a Dodge man now!

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I wasn't horsin to buy a new truck. My other truck had well over 200,000 miles on it. All I had spent on it was a couple of wheel bearings, and a battery. The transmission got to slipping pretty good the last 2 times I pulled a trailer with. Probably a sensor or sending unit (have no idea what I'm talking about), but the oil pressure had been all over the place for a few days. A sales add came across my desk for a decent deal on a gas burner ton truck. I bit the bullet and traded today. I hope I'm happy with it, the kids like the crew cab, as opposed to my old cab and a half. Plainest truck they had, but still more technology than I would like to have.

I like the Dodge with a Cummins
Never been much of a gas burner fan
My brother has drove nothing but gas burner dodges since 81 he loves them
I always needed more pulling power and Dodge didn't offer it in gas

MoCrackerCowboy":3ox36kqc said:
I like the Dodge with a Cummins
Never been much of a gas burner fan
My brother has drove nothing but gas burner dodges since 81 he loves them
I always needed more pulling power and Dodge didn't offer it in gas

I really can't justify a diesel. Probably can't justify a 1 ton either. Dodge had a good deal compared to the other 2, so I went with it.

M-5":a8bc9ang said:
You will be pleased. Welcome to a real man's world .

i hooked it to my horse trailer, and circled one back road. My old ¾ ton was pretty over matched, but I made it work. It definitely has more power. The stability of duals was noticeable to. I will say the comfort was not what my Chevrolet was.

Bigfoot":2m9hv29o said:
M-5":2m9hv29o said:

i hooked it to my horse trailer, and circled one back road. My old ¾ ton was pretty over matched, but I made it work. It definitely has more power. The stability of duals was noticeable to. I will say the comfort was not what my Chevrolet was.

Buy a car for comfort

M-5":3d99knj6 said:
Bigfoot":3d99knj6 said:
M-5":3d99knj6 said:

Buy a car for comfort

That's what my dad said. He couldn't get in it though. That reminds me, would running boards help with that? I have to be able to haul the cheering section.

My dad loves where the grab handle is on the passenger side of the Ram. I put a set of Ranch Hand running boards on my truck, save your money there junk. Look on Craigslist list for factory running board take offs.

True Grit Farms":1b6wh477 said:
My dad loves where the grab handle is on the passenger side of the Ram. I put a set of Ranch Hand running boards on my truck, save your money there junk. Look on Craigslist list for factory running board take offs.

I'm going to have to get something. He just couldn't do it. I would have to say, it was almost as challenging to me as getting on a horse.

Nice truck, just make sure you drop the pan on the transmission and change the fluid and filters at 36k miles. But that goes for any truck with an automatic transmission.

Seems like every year trucks get an inch taller. Beds are almost at chest height now.

Running boards will help a lot, as does a grab handle in the right place.

pricefarm":37ah7t0i said:
Nice truck! Did it come with the flat bed already on it?

Yes it did. It's a wilro. Made near by in Gallatin Tn. Every truck on the lot had one.

Latest posts