I'LL BE DAMNED

Help Support CattleToday:

Carlos D.

Reaction score
http://www.canada.com/news/world/story. ... 60e2c5775d

PENSACOLA, Fla. (CP) - A Canadian icebreaker was told Wednesday not to unload its entire cargo of relief supplies.

The icebreaker, the Sir William Alexander, was ordered not to unload its foodstuffs destined for New Orleans flood victims. The foodstuffs contained Canadian beef and could not legally be imported.

Carlos D.":1sxi8588 said:
http://www.canada.com/news/world/story.html?id=233e9df3-fce5-490d-8704-3760e2c5775d

PENSACOLA, Fla. (CP) - A Canadian icebreaker was told Wednesday not to unload its entire cargo of relief supplies.

The icebreaker, the Sir William Alexander, was ordered not to unload its foodstuffs destined for New Orleans flood victims. The foodstuffs contained Canadian beef and could not legally be imported.
I understand the anger and frustration regarding this occurrance - HOWEVER - we are a nation of Laws and exist under "The Rule of Law". All good intentions aside - Canada should have known that AT THE PRESENT TIME we can not import that ship's contents, therefore they should have sought permission BEFORE making the voyage - or encouraged the USA to change the law - or - make an exception. Just think what would have hit the fan if we would have allowed that ship to off-load - FOR WHATEVER REASON - and something would have gone wrong! :shock: :shock: For example: BSE! :shock: :shock: Hello!!!??

What years of beef are allowed over the border? The ship must have had untraceable beef on it.

I heard later that the beef was in things like tv dinners anyway my point is that the rules we have to live under - caused by lawyers is sickening and this country is no better .

I think Id rather have V.D. than marry a lawyer

It must have had ground beef products on board. Ie coming from (at least partially) cull cows, many of them older than the Canadian ban on the feeding of meat and bone meal. I think this is kind of silly; but if we get a case of Human BSE it could be disastrous so I reluctantly agree with the decision.

After reading the article, I'd first like to thank Canada for stepping to plate and sending relief. Don't think there was/is much of a waiting line on this one.

Second, I think the whole boat load was not needed. Not just the beef. Wouldn't think they would ship something they weren't already sending our way as far as that goes.

If your looking to point a finger at either side for the choices made I think it's irrelevant at this stage. IMHO

Latest posts