IH B414 Question

Help Support CattleToday:

f150fatboy

Reaction score
My dad has an International B-414 gas tractor and the fuel pump started leaking pretty bad. He has taken it apart and started working on it, but if it doesn't work i'm going to buy him a new one. I've been trying to look them up on line and all i can find is the pump for the B-414 diesel. I've got the same tractor in a diesel version and the pumps look the same. My question is are they interchangeable? I'd prefer not to take mine off and try. Thanks for any info.

Fatboy

Most older gas tractors don't have fuel pump , usually the tank is higher than the carburetor . Diesels need a fuel pump to keep air free fuel going to the injector pump . Are you sure he's working on a pump or is he working on the carburetor. You can find aftermarket carb rebuild kits , TSC might even have one. You might be able to find a complete carb for that tractor.

Thanks for the reply Shorty! After more investigation, it seems to be called a fuel lift pump. Not sure what the difference is?
I'll check with him and see if he's got it fixed yet, maybe order a spare anyways.