If you want it done right ! Arghhh

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms

Reaction score
We worked the cows last week and I seperated the cows into two groups; one group with beefmasters, limo, and some longhorns is with the charolais bull. The other group is the brangus girls with my aplus bull. Made sure that each group had plenty of paddocks to graze on - we just got a bunch of rain, so the grass will be coming in nice now.

I even have a worker of mine (from my real job) that's ckecking on them for me. So I talk to him yesterday evening and he tells me "They are all doing fine, all of them are up in the front pasture" WHAT? He had opened the gates so that all of the cows could be together. He heard them "mooing" to each other and thought they wanted to be together. ARGGHHH. Well, I'll be sorting the cows again next weekend. Was hoping for some charolais sired calves, but that big Angus plus wont let him get anywhere near the cows. Oh well....

cypressfarms":3ldtp9rs said:
He heard them "mooing" to each other and thought they wanted to be together. ARGGHHH.

Don't you just love it?! :lol: Very frustrating at times.

One time I had a friend "helping" me one evening at feeding time. This person is fairly knowledgeable. Well, he thought it was being "helpful" by letting the cows into the lot/pen where I had a good sized group of bottle/bucket calves, thinking that everyone was going to be fed the same thing at the same time :roll: . By the time I got to the pen/lot one calf had been knocked to the ground with a case of 'the splits'.

I think many of us have at least one "help" story to tell. You're in good company Cypress.

Good luck getting them all re-sorted. With any luck you'll still get the right cows bred to the right bulls.

Katherine

Latest posts