If you didn't know before ...

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Well if you didn't know that I was a little crazy before, then you all will now. :cowboy:

It is my Nickles 2nd bday tomorrow, the 10th ,and I am having a few friends over for a bbq as the forecast sounds incredible for the next couple of days. Anyways I want to make her a bday cake , that is edible for humans but safe for doggies to eat too. I found this one .

1 cup flour
1tsp baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg
Mix flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into greased 8" round cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool. Puree cottage cheese in blender for icing. Decorate with more peanut butter and carrots.

Not sure about the cottage cheese part, it sounds disgusting and mushy. What about yogurt and cream cheese with honey to sweeten and puree banana ?

Has anyone made one of these before, or am I the only crazy one on here ????? :hide:

Plans have changed as Mr HD has to head down south tomorrow so I am making homemade pizza tonight . The pup loves pizza ,so I will make a little pocket size for her. I might still try that cake, but I am not a baker anyways so all's well.

Should add the BBQ was for us as a fall harvest dinner party , not for the dogs bday . But a couple of friends have dogs so I said to bring them along if they like .

HD you havent lost you treat your dogs as part of the family an you take great care of them.

Thanks BB, I made her a huge batch of chicken breast jerky today, her favorite snack . :tiphat:

Not too spoiled hey ? That is what we tell folks when they ask why we don't have kids, " We can't afford them as our 4 legged babies are spoiled rotten and cost us a small fortune to keep happy .." ;-)

We even all went out for a 2 mile walk too ,her first one in 5 weeks since she mangled her foot last month now that it is finally fully healed and recovered. Her first one with the big new guy Spartan, went well and she had a blast. You could almost see her smiling as she was running around and playing . :D

Latest posts