If you could spend a day................

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan":2u901w9u said:
Hook":2u901w9u said:
Is this popularity contest done yet?

Not feeling the love? :mrgreen:
:lol:
I just see these kind of posts as being more about who is more popular and who isn't. Isn't that really what this comes down to? There's something to be learned from everyone here and I'll bet dollars to donuts most everyone is like able enough.

TexasBred":1ibdcobw said:
inyati13":1ibdcobw said:
I don't need to mention Kris (Fire Sweep Ranch). I have met her and I love her dearly. I plan to see her operation this fall. I have met TT and BigBlueGrass. And I will not mention my Brothers (yes, I added one today) Sky and Shanghai. I plan to get over to HughesFamilyFarm.

Sky being the big indian chief might have some of that foo foo dust buddy....better have him tied up when he starts hallucinating or the "Band of Brothers" mind come to an end. :lol:

:lol2:

backhoeboogie":34bvop0z said:
4CTophand!!!

He didn't last here very long. He was the bullshippper of bullshippers. All you bullies ganged up on him and ran him off.

Anyone else remember that guy?

Oh yes, I remember him. He didn't make it easy to forget him.

Hook":2cxoustr said:
Alan":2cxoustr said:
Hook":2cxoustr said:

I just see these kind of posts as being more about who is more popular and who isn't. Isn't that really what this comes down to? There's something to be learned from everyone here and I'll bet dollars to donuts most everyone is like able enough.
Yea, there's really not anyone here that I would not meet if I had the chance. I know most here don't like me, but being liked by all and popular isn't why I joined.

.[/quote]
Yea, there's really not anyone here that I would not meet if I had the chance. I know most here don't like me, but being liked by all and popular isn't why I joined.[/quote]

Never thought about it one way or the other. Questions really is how much do you like yourself..........u seem OK to me!

If you are liked by everyone all of the time are you really being true to yourself ?? Or are you just telling people what they want to hear ,so in fact you are not being honest or some would say deceitful . Then there are those that really do wear rose colored glasses and the truth is always skewed to their perspective and point of view .

Anyways a little variety of whom you associate with is always a good thing . My husband always b4tches to me that I see the glass half empty , but that way I don't get my hopes up and am not disappointed when things go to crap . Yet when things work out it is a fabulous surprise . :lol: :lol2:

Hook":2x62sd7e said:
Alan":2x62sd7e said:
Hook":2x62sd7e said:

I'll show up soon, probably late September. Our family vacation up north was cancelled, SO we decided to visit Hook. Prep the pantry and cooler :mrgreen:
No it's not a popularity contest. Not for me. There are too many to list really. I noticed the OP and replied quickly. I've always wanted to meet CB (Crusty ole stubborn fart) and talk about his youth in the Big Thicket, and GB to sit down and take in his knowledge and perspective of history, world affairs, and the foundation documents and people that made this country great (I would also like to visit CottageFarm for the same reason). When I think of reasons I would want to visit folks on this forum, those reasons seldom include cattle. There are many interesting people here, and I would enjoy meeting most.
I've spoken to a couple of folks on the phone, and exchange text and emails with others, but I've never met any in person.
I figure I can meet folks like Jed, AC, RBB any time we just decide to make it happen. I almost made an unscheduled landing at RBB's place a few weeks ago, but we made it to Harrison and got stranded for the night. Thought about calling him, but he!! I didn't want him to feel like he needed to come help. In hindsight, I could have used a dose of his Ozark Mountain spring water.
There are too many people to list, and I certainly don't want people to judge me by my first choices :lol2: Cowgirl8 is actually closer than anybody else I can think of right now (that frequents this forum). Hey cowgirl8 what are you doing this weekend?

Had a large gathering at the house once in 2005 it was great.
I can't think of anyone that wouldn't be welcome to stop by.
I talk with Houston Cutter and Greybeard pretty regular.
Think most about some of the wisdom we lost through the years.
LA4 ,Txag, Texan, Certherf and Cherokee Ruby so many just disappeared
with such a wealth of knowledge. Some have left us forever.
Frankie is even welcome I figure after about 10 minutes will have to give her directions back
to the highway.

Should of gave a shout Ouachita, Harrison is not that far from me. Come down some time and I will give you a Elk tour. Got a bottle that will melt your mind. Smooth as silk and kicks like a mule. Ozark Sour Mash.

cow pollinater":3g7fdmo7 said:
denvermartinfarms":3g7fdmo7 said:
I know most here don't like me,
I haven't seen that at all. I'd sure like to shake your hand.
DMF, I read and listen to what you have to say because I respect your advise. Age does not matter when you have experience.

M5farm":10tcgxeg said:
cow pollinater":10tcgxeg said:
denvermartinfarms":10tcgxeg said:
I know most here don't like me,
I haven't seen that at all. I'd sure like to shake your hand.
DMF, I read and listen to what you have to say because I respect your advise. Age does not matter when you have experience.

Thought you were a really nice butthead ;-) last time we talked.
Birds of a feather flock together,

Red Bull Breeder":1mlseqiz said:
Got a bottle that will melt your mind. Smooth as silk and kicks like a mule. Ozark Sour Mash.
I reckon that's what I was afraid of :D I had to fix the plane the next morning and knew that when we landed. I'm afraid if I get to your place I ain't gonna want to leave for a spell. That would have been real hard to explain to our wives :lol2: Its difficult enough telling them the truth.

hillsdown":2o2oiiui said:
I don't get my hopes up and am not disappointed when things go to crap . Yet when things work out it is a fabulous surprise . :lol: :lol2:

we have THAT in common!! :nod:

hillsdown":ln222gkf said:
If you are liked by everyone all of the time are you really being true to yourself ?? Or are you just telling people what they want to hear ,so in fact you are not being honest or some would say deceitful . Then there are those that really do wear rose colored glasses and the truth is always skewed to their perspective and point of view .

Anyways a little variety of whom you associate with is always a good thing . My husband always b4tches to me that I see the glass half empty , but that way I don't get my hopes up and am not disappointed when things go to crap . Yet when things work out it is a fabulous surprise . :lol: :lol2:

my sentiments exactly.....

the ladies here at work all call me the worst pessimist they ever saw....

while it is them that see roses and sunshine in every fool that walks in the door.

I view myself as a realist and see some of the calamities coming before they get here....

Latest posts