If you could order it online....

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5":2grv063s said:
jkwilson":2grv063s said:
Honestly, what I'd love would be a really good online way to find something in stock someplace. There have been times I'd have driven 200 miles to get a part or tool if it meant I could have it today.
Examples? Myjohndeere shows available in all stores in the conglomerate

If everything could be like Deere, it would be great. A lot of places let you see what's in stock at their stores, but they make you search store by store. Why not just tell me where the nearest store that has one is? That's what I want to know when I'm in too big of a hurry to order online.

Last Thursday I had an old hydrant that wouldn't shut off. Called around several places looking for a kit, but no luck. Plenty available on Amazon and eBay, and I searched eBay for auctions within 100 miles of me thinking somebody might let me come and get it. Ended up digging it up and capping the pipe just to get the water stopped.

Finally tracked down a kit at a plumbing supply place 38 miles from me a couple of days later. If someplace like Amazon had a way to find an item at a brick and mortar store it would sure be sweet.

Farm Fence Solutions":2ojdwrq5 said:
Bigfoot":2ojdwrq5 said:
Shipping is what sucks about ordering. Many times, it's cheaper than running all over though.

While shipping costs can be high on some things, others are quite reasonable. We often have people that call for prices, and even though we have a better product for less $, they will buy junk somewhere close to home at a higher price because they assume the shipping will be high. It's crazy, but I can ship a 2,500 lb pallet for not much more than an average size box with UPS. Hard to figger out sometimes. :bang:

That would s strange. Oddly enough fastenall will ship a personal item from one store to the other. Not sure what they charge for freight, but it is an option.

freight deals are don't by volume. I can ship 3500# of material on one pallet 400miles for less than a hundred bucks. I move quite a bit of freight even closer than that because I cant pay a truck and driver to do it cheaper

M-5":25b2lpq6 said:
freight deals are don't by volume. I can ship 3500# of material on one pallet 400miles for less than a hundred bucks. I move quite a bit of freight even closer than that because I cant pay a truck and driver to do it cheaper

And for some reason, LTL freight gets cheaper at 5,000 lbs. I've been known to overestimate pallet weights on occasion. :cowboy: Seems odd that it's cheaper to ship two pallets weighing 5,000 than it is if they weighed 4,500, but who am I to judge?

Latest posts