If You are a Texas Sharyland Customer...

Help Support CattleToday:

Sharyland is an electric provider. The Hunt Corp. bought them a number of years ago and their delivery charges went to the max the PUC would allow. Most cases (mine included) the delivery charges were more than the actual energy used.

slick4591":et02ydks said:
Sharyland is an electric provider. The Hunt Corp. bought them a number of years ago and their delivery charges went to the max the PUC would allow. Most cases (mine included) the delivery charges were more than the actual energy used.
Dam....then that is great news for you folks.

I have them as well..happy about this.

Our Cowboy Church installed a 30k generator a few months ago to get out from under the fact that they considered all non-profits a business and could charge whatever they wanted for the "delivery" fee or line charge...the church's averaged over $500 a month -- for a bill that averaged around $150 a month....the highest was just over $900/month.

Many small businesses/ranches couldn't afford to pay the line charge and went belly up due to not being able to pay for electricity.

ropinranger":hnxp5wbu said:
I have them as well..happy about this.

Our Cowboy Church installed a 30k generator a few months ago to get out from under the fact that they considered all non-profits a business and could charge whatever they wanted for the "delivery" fee or line charge...the church's averaged over $500 a month -- for a bill that averaged around $150 a month....the highest was just over $900/month.

Many small businesses/ranches couldn't afford to pay the line charge and went belly up due to not being able to pay for electricity.

If you want to read more about it.

I also ran across the fact the energy company had been charging me a 2.00% city tax although I live outside the city. I got that straight and will be receiving reimbursement. Texas residents only pay a PUC charge if they live outside the city.

Latest posts