If There are any goat people...

Help Support CattleToday:

Tx-beefmaster-showman

Reaction score
If there are any goat people out there, well i had a question. I was told by an old timer the other day that there was no such thing as a polled boer goat. But it turns out my registered nanny and registerable buck just threw 2 polled boers (boy and girl). If anyone knows anything about this feel free to comment.

they might not being showing the horns right now... but they could develop after a litlet while.... like our longhorns, they may look polled at birth but before long they have little "buttons" to show off.

I agree with Ryan I have never seen a polled Boergoat, I have bred them since school days and used to show them in the early '70's, horns have always been an important breed characteristic.

A couple of years ago I checked into it with the Boer Goat Associatin and horns was a requirement for registration at that time. If both of the parents have horns the kids will have horns. If one or the other of the parents is polled one or both of the kids could be polled and that parent wouldn;t be eligiible for registration

Thanks for the response, if they do not start budding out in a month of so, i will post pictures just so i dont sound dumb :lol:
Both mother and father are both horned and registered

The boss of a polled goat has a different look then the boss of one that will be horned. I can;t explain it exactly but there is a difference. The friend of ours Boer and Kiko goats are all yearling, born within 2 weeks of each other and there are a couple with a lot less horn development then the others.

Latest posts