If I Were

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
Yesterday morning I played the clip from Fiddler on the Roof where he is singing "If I Were a Rich Man". I was singing along and dancing around like he does. Made the wife laugh and she said that I must be feeling good. This morning I glanced out the window and caught a beautiful sun rise. I hopped outside and snapped a picture. When I came back in the house I changed the words to the song. I am now singing, "I am a Rich Man." There is a whole lot more to wealth than money.

Attachments

• P4212509.JPG
    P4212509.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 10
I found that once I had enough money to easily meet my basic needs plus a little, money didn't seem to matter so much. The things I enjoy most in life are peace, no drama, family, being debt free, beautiful sunrises like in the picture, and just the simple things in life.

I find that money only solves money related things. If someone has a personality trait of never being satisfied, money never solves their issue. If someone is an idiot, money doesn't solve that either. If money doesn't buy the things you enjoy most in life, that is a great feeling.

I have heard that a majority of multi-million dollar lottery winners claim they were happier before the big win. even so, I think I would like to find out for myself.
Earning money and using one's God given talents is a rewarding feeling. Sharing you wealth is also a good feeling.

A good friend in high school and my hunting and fishing partneer for years won the lottery for 13.75 million. It sure didn't make his life better. Now 30 years later the money is all gone and so is his life.

A good friend in high school and my hunting and fishing partneer for years won the lottery for 13.75 million. It sure didn't make his life better. Now 30 years later the money is all gone and so is his life.
I'm a firm believer that financial security isn't about how much money someone has, it's about their money management skills. Some people who have hardship could be given millions, and their life would be in financial shambles again is short while.

I'm a firm believer that financial security isn't about how much money someone has, it's about their money management skills. Some people who have hardship could be given millions, and their life would be in financial shambles again is short while.
You nailed it. Easy come easy go with some folks. You appreciate it more when you earn it.

I remember where I was when I decided that I didn't want to do what it would take to be rich. I knew I could do it if I wanted to but it would cause me to miss other things I felt were more important. I have enough to be comfortable but no where near rich. Much better off than the vast majority of people in this world. Probably the majority of people in this country. But everyday I look around at where I live and I am amazed and I thank God for putting me here.

I remember where I was when I decided that I didn't want to do what it would take to be rich. I knew I could do it if I wanted to but it would cause me to miss other things I felt were more important. I have enough to be comfortable but no where near rich. Much better off than the vast majority of people in this world. Probably the majority of people in this country. But everyday I look around at where I live and I am amazed and I thank God for putting me here.
Amen brother!!!

When i was a child, I thought that rich people just had much better paying jobs than people who weren't rich. While that is true, I didn't think about the fact that they are running in high gear all the time. They probably don't sleep much, don't spend a lot of quality time with family, and probably miss a lot of occasions that I would cherish. While it looks like they have some very nice roses to stop and small, they probably don't do it too often. No thanks.

When i was a child, I thought that rich people just had much better paying jobs than people who weren't rich. While that is true, I didn't think about the fact that they are running in high gear all the time. They probably don't sleep much, don't spend a lot of quality time with family, and probably miss a lot of occasions that I would cherish. While it looks like they have some very nice roses to stop and small, they probably don't do it too often. No thanks.

Aren't you a teacher?

Most of the people making replies here must be a lot like me. Of course since this is a cattle forum I assume that most of us are country people. As for me, they can have the cities, the traffic and the high paying jobs. It would take a whole lot of money to get me to leave the country and I'm not sure that would get me to move. I would rather live in open spaces, walk around in the pasture and work with the cows and other animals. Thank God I'm a country boy.

Yes, for 26 years.

According to Chris Hogan's book "Everyday Millionaires", teachers are the largest group of everyday millionaires due to the retirement that most states have for schools to participate in. I'm the maintenance and facilities director at a school, been here 17 years and the retirement is the main reason I'm here. I was at a crossroads in life and had to decide if I wanted to keep growing my HVAC business and do that full time or stay at the school and when I figured in the retirement I'd had to make a lot more in the HVAC business to have the same retirement.

According to Chris Hogan's book "Everyday Millionaires", teachers are the largest group of everyday millionaires due to the retirement that most states have for schools to participate in. I'm the maintenance and facilities director at a school, been here 17 years and the retirement is the main reason I'm here. I was at a crossroads in life and had to decide if I wanted to keep growing my HVAC business and do that full time or stay at the school and when I figured in the retirement I'd had to make a lot more in the HVAC business to have the same retirement.
That's interesting. So far, I have missed the millionaire mark, but it does have a good retirement.

My wife worked for 9 years as a teacher in private schools. For under half the pay, and no insurance or retirement, but with all the issues from entitled parents, students, and behind the scenes politics from administrators. Glad she isn't doing that anymore.

Latest posts