If drone has a big arena in ranch management?

Help Support CattleToday:

Neighbor got one for Christmas a few years ago. They flew it around here for a while. They said you could fly it up a canyon and read cows ear tags. I haven't seen or heard anything about it in a while. I think he is back to riding a horse up the canyon searching for cows.

I think they may be very useful for spraying and seeding hard to get at places, fence-rows, steep hillsides etc.

Wife has a DJI model with about a 4 mile range and 30 minute battery life. Used to fly it back to the far end of the farm - about a mile - several times a day to check cows during calving season. It was handy for that. Something went awry and it crashed one day... not sure how she found it, though I guess she knew about where it was when it went down. Never has gotten around to getting it repaired.

They are great for contamination prevention. HazMat type scenarios where you do want people to go. Nuclear power when people cannot enter areas while the reactor is running. Recon missions for military. Other uses too. I can't see any use in animal husbandry unless that Gert bull won't let you in the pasture. Change bulls.

Neighbor got one for Christmas a few years ago. They flew it around here for a while. They said you could fly it up a canyon and read cows ear tags. I haven't seen or heard anything about it in a while. I think he is back to riding a horse up the canyon searching for cows.
And the drone probably Dave.

Ken

Latest posts