Votes: 10 38.5%
  • 4?

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Less than 4?

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters

msscamp

Reaction score
Slow night, and I'm curious. I had to go to Cheyenne the other day, and I got to counting horses in pastures. It seems that 4 is the magic number when it comes to horses, and I'm wondering why that is. Although a few pastures had less than 4, and 1 or 2 had more than 4 - the vast majority of pastures in the 85 miles between here and Cheyenne had 4 horses in them, and I'm curious as to why the numbers seem to stabilize at 4 - any thoughts? We also have 4 horses, but I don't know why - just seems to be the way it is. We had 9 a few years back, but sold 4 of them, and 1 had to be put down. Thanks for any input.

When I left the house this morning, there were 11 of them ranging in age from 26 years to 6 days. Plus one boarder. Guess that makes a dozen! :shock:

4 is the magic number with everything for me. i used to have 4 horses, now only 3. 4 cats. used to have 4 chickens but now i have 5. etc.

depends we have any where from 10-20 brood mares, 1-4 stallions, 0-8 geldings, 0-20 mares

3 Mammoth jacks,1 mammoth Jennet and foal, 1 paint mare soon to have a mule colt, 1 tease pony and 1 rideing mule. Oh yea, 1 mule colt

i forgot about the asses. we have 3 jacks and 6 jennys. we use them to halter break horses and cattle

3 for us. probably a pony for our little girl within a year or so. probably another horse for mom within a year or so as well.

We have 4 1/2

Husbands fabulousperfectwonderful Arabian, "Pistol"

My fabulouspefectwonderful Paint, "Bucket"

My wonderful SE Arabian, "Solo"

Our oneyed gray paint roping horse, "Rooster"

Daughters perfectwonderful Hackney Pony, "Paris"

We have 5 at the moment. Have had up to 10, and right now I am debating on breeding a mare. Haven't decided quite yet if I want one next year or the year after. I like to have one for each of us to ride, 2 adults, 2 kids. Right now I have 1 kids horse , 2 other broke horses, 1 green broke and 1 that has just been started on groundwork.

I wouldn't take a Shetland Pony as a gift - had two of the cantankerous little suckers growing up, and I've never met a more temperamental, downright mean, uncooperative breed of horse in my life. I wish you the best of luck with yours - I suspect you're going to need it!

ArrowHBrand":36xdstql said:
We have 9 which includes a Shetland pony my wife is starting for our twin nieces.

What did your wife's nieces ever do to her? ;-)

My theory on Shetlands is that they come into the world madder than hell because they're short and they never get over it.

9 good ranch horses, my snaffle bit gelding, a pair of paint draft cross geldings (ride and drive), 3 pack mules - so right this minute, I believe that makes .......way too many!

I had 6 here until a couple weeks ago. Now I am down to 4 , for the moment anyway...

Latest posts