Idiots with guns

Help Support CattleToday:

Over the years I have put 2 holes through the roof. Thought i was the only idiot around until my wife started telling everyone. Seems it happens more than I could imagine.
Anyone else want to admit they are an idiot?

kenny thomas":15elemrk said:
Over the years I have put 2 holes through the roof. Thought i was the only idiot around until my wife started telling everyone. Seems it happens more than I could imagine.
Lots of guns and boys in our house and no holes yet but my little brother is bound to do it sometime

For those who have ever gone to a Cowboy shoot. A friend of mine in Montana - we shot at High Ore Gun Club outside of Helena. We were practicing one Saturday. I was using my Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 Remington Magnum. He was using a Ruger Vaquero in 45 Colt. He was practicing drawing. He discharged the gun as it was coming up, shooting himself in the right calf. He was lucky. It just left an awful scar.

Another: Poison Spider Gun Club, Casper Wyomimg. Guy with a S&W Model 29. Brand new. He was new to shooting and handloading. He was telling me all about his new found sport. I could tell he was goofy. I was on one of the benches shooting a hunting rifle. He was on my right about 6 benches down. I heard him fire, heard a loud thud and saw a piece of his cylinder sticking in the wall to my left. Then he was screaming. He had blood gushing down his face. He must have used a powder like Unique which only takes a few grains. Turns out that he filled the entire case. The top strap was blown off and the cylinder was blown into 3 pieces. It sent about a third of the cylinder toward me. One third went straight up, hit a roof bar and bounced back down putting a gash in his forehead. The other third was mashed down into the frame.

kenny thomas":1g79wooj said:

Be careful............I think I heard it from the person that did the repair. It has been a while and can't remember forsure.

looks like the bad guy in the first video won that round.

Only thing I've done so far was got a kiss from a scope on a .30-06. It didn't open up my head, but it felt like the devil. Had a friend over to shoot, and he had is 8 y/o out there with the .22. Someone asked the kid a question and he turned and pointed the gun right at my leg. That got the blood pumping for a second. Only other weird thing I can think of is that my wife was shooting at a coyote of the deck. It was about 1,000 ft away. We just harass them to keep them from getting too comfortable. Anyway, she put a .22 round through 3" irrigation pipe. It would have been a great shot had it been intentional. Luckily, JB Weld works extremely well.

I had a 14 year old kid shoot me while dove hunting this year. I walked over to him and my arm as bleeding profusely he was scared beyond belief. We had a little talk about gun saftey and not being able to bring the bullet back once it leaves the barrel. Hopefully it sunk in.

Bestoutwest":1l0xk22n said:
Only thing I've done so far was got a kiss from a scope on a .30-06. It didn't open up my head, but it felt like the devil. Had a friend over to shoot, and he had is 8 y/o out there with the .22. Someone asked the kid a question and he turned and pointed the gun right at my leg. That got the blood pumping for a second. Only other weird thing I can think of is that my wife was shooting at a coyote of the deck. It was about 1,000 ft away. We just harass them to keep them from getting too comfortable. Anyway, she put a .22 round through 3" irrigation pipe. It would have been a great shot had it been intentional. Luckily, JB Weld works extremely well.
go to Napa or the likes and get stainless band-style exhaust clamps.. just wrap around the pipe and tighten the bolts.. works really well and I use them whenever I have a leak and I don't feel like shutting everything down to weld it properly

Back when my youngest daughter was 16 yo she shot herself in the foot with a 22. Clean through missing any bones, nerves, or major blood vessels. Most teenagers shoot themselves in the foot. Mine did it literally. All my kids had been shooting since an early age. She had gun safety drilled into her. Just a stupid mistake that luckily was a cheap lesson. She told me to not tell anyone. I told her I was going to take out a full page ad in the paper letting the entire community know.