IDENTIFY MURRAY GRAY FROM BLK ANGUS X CHAROLAIS ?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Could some one tell me some posative things to look for to identify a Murray Gray cow VS a blk.angus x charolais cow.I was told they look alot a like with the gray color.

I am looking to try to buy a Murray Gray cow through the sale and don't want to end up with angus x charolais,although I have nothing against them,but would like to try the Murray Gray and can't afford to buy Reg. right now.Thanks.

[email protected]

>i don't know a hole lot, but i might be able to help a little. i have a cow and calf , my first 2, the cow is a reg. half blood murry/angus cross. with a full blood heifer calf. the cow is a dun color and the calf is white , but what i noticed is different about them is a silver grey color on her neck.i have also seen solid black murray greys. they are great . i hopr i helped a little . MR Could some one tell me some
> posative things to look for to
> identify a Murray Gray cow VS a
> blk.angus x charolais cow.I was
> told they look alot a like with
> the gray color.

> I am looking to try to buy a
> Murray Gray cow through the sale
> and don't want to end up with
> angus x charolais,although I have
> nothing against them,but would
> like to try the Murray Gray and
> can't afford to buy Reg. right
> now.Thanks.

[email protected]

> Could some one tell me some
> posative things to look for to
> identify a Murray Gray cow VS a
> blk.angus x charolais cow.I was
> told they look alot a like with
> the gray color.

> I am looking to try to buy a
> Murray Gray cow through the sale
> and don't want to end up with
> angus x charolais,although I have
> nothing against them,but would
> like to try the Murray Gray and
> can't afford to buy Reg. right
> now.Thanks.

They can look very much alike.Just remember that the Murray Grey has black skin and hooves, while the charolais/angus cross will usually have pink skin/white hooves.also, look for the characteristic body build of the murray grey that comes from the shorthorn side of the cross.

>Don't know where you are but get hold of the AMGA at PO Box 224,New Bethlehem, Pa, 16240 and find some breeders in your area, Then make a bunch of phone calls and ask about grade stock, or breeders of crosses in your area, Lord knows cow people like to talk.

[email protected]

Thanks everybody,its good to know there are people in this world that will take the time to help each other out.As the old saying goes "What goes around comes around,and I think that means good as well. A better way of putting it as the good book says:Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Hope I can be of so help to you all some time.

[email protected]

Latest posts