identify items

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Hello, I am trying to identify some items that I believe were on a ranch or farm. Where should I go to find this information? They are vintage items. Thank you for any help that you may give me.

[email protected]

> Hello, I am trying to identify
> some items that I believe were on
> a ranch or farm. Where should I go
> to find this information? They are
> vintage items. Thank you for any
> help that you may give me.

Yes, I wasn't very clear. There are three items, one looks like an oxen yoke, but in searching on-line it has the same shape but looks longer and not as pronounced. Could it possibly be a steer yoke? The two other items are wood and have a stool like look on the bottom with a long T shaped handle attached. The items have no metal in either one of them to hold them together, it is entirely made of wood and wood dowels. Thank you for any help you may give me, and for inquiring for more info. I will be happy to send someone who is willing to identify the items pictures. Thanks again, Victoria

[email protected]

Yokes for cattle are all the same for steers, cows, or anything else. The catch is that there are hundrreds of designs of yokes. If you send a picture to <A HREF="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A> I may be able to help.

dun

> Yes, I wasn't very clear. There
> are three items, one looks like an
> oxen yoke, but in searching
> on-line it has the same shape but
> looks longer and not as
> pronounced. Could it possibly be a
> steer yoke? The two other items
> are wood and have a stool like
> look on the bottom with a long T
> shaped handle attached. The items
> have no metal in either one of