Id like to buy a couple bottle calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Billdevaul

Reaction score
looking fer a couple bottle calves but i got a bad pair at auction and would love for someone with a couple decent calves for sale to let me know... Thanks Bill ( no jersy's)

Did you check with any local farmers to see if they would let you have a couple. When I was a kid a dairy down the road from us would give me the supplies and the calves and I would raise a half dozen holstein heifers at a time for him and then when they were off of the bottle he would come take 'em home. And give me my choice of one of them. Of course this was before, a few day old holstein was bringing $700-$800 but, I have noticed the past few weeks that they are slowing down some. Milk went down some here.

Billdevaul":3hwus329 said:
looking fer a couple bottle calves but i got a bad pair at auction and would love for someone with a couple decent calves for sale to let me know... Thanks Bill ( no jersy's)

Right now, while the weather is so ghastly here in TX, you might be able to pick up a couple of holstein bull calves from a dairy for under $200 a piece to save the time it takes the dairyman to take them to the auction.

Alice

Keti":3bp3ekjz said:
Too early...

I was at the local sale barn last weekend and they had about 10 pretty good looking Holsteins. Bright eyed and not scouring, active. Better looking than most of the time. And they sold cheap, I'm talking 60.00. One sold for 30.00. He was the smallest of the lot. There were two beef calves there too that went for around 70.00 ea. I worry about trying to keep them hydrated in this heat so tempted as I was, I didn't bid.

But I will keep checking it out. Just to satisfy my curiosity.

Hereford bottle calves were selling for 1.65-185.00 lb last Sat. @ the Buffalo Sale barn, looked good, feel I should have bought some...Sale every Sat starting @ 12:00 Buffalo,Tx.

brent6482003":ot2skotf said:
Hereford bottle calves were selling for 1.65-185.00 lb last Sat. @ the Buffalo Sale barn, looked good, feel I should have bought some...Sale every Sat starting @ 12:00 Buffalo,Tx.

Were there a lot of hereford bottle babies? Rarely do I see hereford bottle babies at sales...and when I do, I buy them. Haven't lost one yet...I like 'em a lot.

Alice

Latest posts