LimousinGirl

Reaction score
Especially when you got an ATV to pull the sled with! :D

12.jpg

he was FLYING here :)

22.jpg

here they come...

32.jpg

doesn't look like it, but he's goin' FAST...

41.jpg

the barn~~cows got a snugly place under that wing :)

62.jpg

here comes the little guy!

71.jpg

He wiped out just before this pic :lol:

*FUN* stuff...

LG

We did the exact same thing when I was younger. A lot of fun. We really wanted to find an old car hood and make a sled out of that... never got to it. It would fly on the snow with enough force.

Anyways looks like hours of fun.

Yep, that's fun until you spend several months in a body cast and eat thru a straw a while.

Know a feller it happened to.

BE CAREFULL!

Looks like fun :D ! I think the dog is having a blast too! The pictures came out nice, you must have a good camera.

Cattlehand, never thought of a car hood--don't tell my brothers that. :)

1982vett, yep, you gotta be careful. There is snow out there too, so it's not just total ice, but TY for the caution.

Lovemoo, Rancho (the dog) WAS going crazy over this, I think his herding instincts were kicking in 'cause he LOVED to chase the sled and try to grab your jacket. I just recently got a Nikon D80-pretty happy with the pictures it takes! :nod:

LG

LimousinGirl":1pjbk623 said:

The old style hoods that have sides and a raised bow work best. Gives you more to hold onto while sliding. The also make good stoneboats for hauling rocks and stuff with oxen.

dun":8k0a1754 said:
LimousinGirl":8k0a1754 said:

The old style hoods that have sides and a raised bow work best. Gives you more to hold onto while sliding. The also make good stoneboats for hauling rocks and stuff with oxen.
lot of old 55 chevy hood's destroyed that way.. we would slide off a mountain side like that in the winter's... my uncle broke a few teeth and nose hitting a tree once...........................sometime we actually have a legitimate reason for tooth loss, outside of decay in alabama
:lol2:

have used the car hoods and also casket lids we had a casket factory in the town I grew up near and we used to get their reject lids and buil feeders out of them they worked great and we also used them as sleds and they would fly
I still have the scars to prove it :lol:

Have fun kids and becareful

We used to use a a car hood too, but one day got the bright or dumb (depends on how you look at it) of wrachet strapping an old lazy boy reclining chair to the car hood. Actually, with the snow and ice we recieved yesterday, the buddies called this morning and want to meet after dark for some four wheeling. Just might break out the old lazy boy again tonight.

hey.. looks like some of my pastures... :D
It is alot of fun.. until you hit a rock, or ditch... I know, cuz it happened to me about 5 years ago...
:nod:

Angus Cowman":3ajcgwp5 said:
have used the car hoods and also casket lids we had a casket factory in the town I grew up near and we used to get their reject lids and buil feeders out of them they worked great and we also used them as sleds and they would fly

Back when pallbearer's actually carried the casket, at a funeral in W Va on a cold and snow covered day a local man was laid to rest.
One pallbearer tripped, and as a result the other 5 went down also and the casket was off and running.
It plowed through the cemetery, the mourners, and the church on its way into town where it skidded down mainstreet and inexplicably turned into the medical clinic. At the exam room, the lid sprang open and the deceased sat up. The doc, maintaining his composure, asked the spectre what his problem could be?
The answer: Doc, give me something to stop this coughin'. (coffin)
:tiphat:

john250":1pwivi7l said:
Angus Cowman":1pwivi7l said:

Back when pallbearer's actually carried the casket, at a funeral in W Va on a cold and snow covered day a local man was laid to rest.
One pallbearer tripped, and as a result the other 5 went down also and the casket was off and running.
It plowed through the cemetery, the mourners, and the church on its way into town where it skidded down mainstreet and inexplicably turned into the medical clinic. At the exam room, the lid sprang open and the deceased sat up. The doc, maintaining his composure, asked the spectre what his problem could be?
The answer: Doc, give me something to stop this coughin'. (coffin)
:tiphat:

Thats Bad John :lol: :lol:

When I was younger and lets say less intellectual a friend had a casket in the back of his van and it got used on several occasions ;-)
but one nite we got the bright idea of putting casters under this casket an tieing a ski rope to it and pulling it thru town it worked real good till we started going over 2mph at 30 it was bouncing off of curbs and going airborn till the casters broke then the sparks started flying and the poor guy in it was trying desperately to get us to stop but we thought it was fun when we did finally stop there were holes in the bottom from the friction

Kids don't try this at home

If I remember correctly there may have been some alcohol involved :drink:

Angus Cowman":3jbnmy4c said:
When I was younger and lets say less intellectual a friend had a casket in the back of his van and it got used on several occasions ;-)
but one nite we got the bright idea of putting casters under this casket an tieing a ski rope to it and pulling it thru town it worked real good till we started going over 2mph at 30 it was bouncing off of curbs and going airborn till the casters broke then the sparks started flying and the poor guy in it was trying desperately to get us to stop but we thought it was fun when we did finally stop there were holes in the bottom from the friction

Kids don't try this at home

If I remember correctly there may have been some alcohol involved :drink:

I wouldn't have guessed. :dunce: :lol:

Love hearing what ya'll used to do back then, guys! :) :lol:
John250, I thought that was a TRUE story when I first started reading it... :lol: Limomike, my brother actually pulled me through a little ditch (not on purpose :) ) but surprisingly I came up out of it still on the sled...much to my surprise, thought I was a wipe out coming!

LimousinGirl":3kyskcqr said:
Love hearing what ya'll used to do back then, guys! :) :lol:
John250, I thought that was a TRUE story when I first started reading it... :lol: Limomike, my brother actually pulled me through a little ditch (not on purpose :) ) but surprisingly I came up out of it still on the sled...much to my surprise, thought I was a wipe out coming!
the first part was probably true

I can't believe I just found this thread.

About seven years ago, BS, (before Steve), I had a boyfriend who was redneck deluxe and he bolted a car seat onto a car hood, complete with seatbelts, (gots to be safe) and we did the same thing in the sleet storm. Down the roads, pastures, ditches, vacant lots, it was a hoot. I have video footage of it somewhere, on VHS, though, taken both as a spectator and as a rider. I called it Redneck Jackass.

The only bad thing about it was that I lost my keys on the ride.

Lammie":27t6kwt4 said:

About seven years ago, BS, (before Steve), I had a boyfriend who was redneck deluxe and he bolted a car seat onto a car hood, complete with seatbelts, (gots to be safe) and we did the same thing in the sleet storm. Down the roads, pastures, ditches, vacant lots, it was a hoot. I have video footage of it somewhere, on VHS, though, taken both as a spectator and as a rider. I called it Redneck Jackass.

Whoa Lammie, THAT sounds fun--wouldn't I love to do that! :nod: What did ya pull it with?

LimousinGirl":1hjuddsk said:
Lammie":1hjuddsk said:

Whoa Lammie, THAT sounds fun--wouldn't I love to do that! :nod: What did ya pull it with?

Four wheeler. Everyone in the area wanted a ride.

Latest posts