IBR??

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

My niece has a black angus show heifer. For the last 5 weeks we have been taking her to the vet with her running any where between a 105-108 temperature. she has been given every week tremendous amounts of batamine and newflor. just this last week she became extremely bloated on her left side. and when she breathes it is heavy and deep and when she coughs she coughs up pussy thick white stuff. WE decided to put her down but my question along with the vet's is what is this?! Any ideas?

[email protected]

Q1/HOW CAN WE DIFFRENCIATE BETWEEN THE VACCINATED AND THE INFECTED COW ?
Q2/IF THE VACCINATED OR INFECTED COW CAN BE CARRIER ?
Q3/THE PERIOD WHICH NEEDED TO ELIMANATE THE DISEASE FROM THE ANIMAL?

I was just reading your request(no answers), but with concern. If money is available, one of those Vet autospy might be in order. Or the vet might want to do one at no charge, just to see why his medical knowledge failed him and you.
I've noticed on this board that there have been all types of cattle coming down with every kind of disease, known and unknown.
Part of life I guess, Ranks up there with us humans.
Sorry to hear about your show animal loss. I know a lot of work is put into her.

The other note by Sameer was a bit questionable. Other words, did not understand. Another part of life for sure.
Good luck on your next show animal.