I won a stupid prize...

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I was working on a truck and had my hand on the fender while working with the wheel. The hood shock failed and fell on my fingers and the hood latched and I was stuck luckily kids hadn't left for school and heard me yelling for help and came and popped the hood. If it were 5 mins later I would have been stuck there for hours.. Get in a rush and S... happens

IMG_20170530_070853516_zpspdvk1nxn.jpg

That'll buff right out Sky..

The things we get ourselves into......
"What'cha doing Jules?"

"Oh, nothin....I'm just standing here, leaning against this truck....... waiting for my kids to get home."

slick4591":23rubv0x said:
Ouch! Hope you didn't wreck those fingers.

Na but sore as crap.. I guess drinking a gallon of milk a day and tons of cheese helped my bones out. :)

greybeard":23rubv0x said:

"What'cha doing Jules?"

"Oh, nothin....I'm just standing here, leaning against this truck....... waiting for my kids to get home."

That would have been about the size of it :lol: My luck try to wave someone down to help they would have waved and kept going.

Bet they are sore.
You can put your trophy next to mine.
Stopped to cut string on the round baler which missed the knife.Go back on,started a roll and noticed the full bale setting had been reached.Also the monitor was a red light.(Forgot to dump the bale) :hide:

greybeard":3i1kw5gh said:

"What'cha doing Jules?"

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :hide:

No, seriously, I bet that hurt like heck. Glad nothing is broken.

TexasBred":13ikxedo said:
skyhightree1":13ikxedo said:
Alan":13ikxedo said:
Yea, but how's the truck? :lol:

It actually messed the hood up some :lol2:
You'll have to use the other hand to flip folks off for a few days. :mrgreen:

:lol2:

JW IN VA":13ikxedo said:
Bet they are sore.
You can put your trophy next to mine.
Stopped to cut string on the round baler which missed the knife.Go back on,started a roll and noticed the full bale setting had been reached.Also the monitor was a red light.(Forgot to dump the bale) :hide:

That sucks :shock:

Workinonit Farm":13ikxedo said:
greybeard":13ikxedo said:

"What'cha doing Jules?"

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :hide:

No, seriously, I bet that hurt like heck. Glad nothing is broken.

Heck yea I'm glad to that would have sucked.

So how much your kids charge you to help you out. That would of been a prime time to ask for a new bike, a 4wheeler or a horse.

That hurts just looking at it glad didn't do more damage. Be careful you need those fingers to grab cheese and spread it on you food.

Ouch!.. yeah, timing was pretty good though thankfully.

I gotta tell you my dumbarse move I did on Saturday... had to cut a slot on the edge of a 8" I beam to hook a chain in for a drag harrow... about 20 seconds after I finished cutting I forgot it was hot and put my hand on it.... I remembered pretty quickly though! If I didn't have such thick leather on my hands it would have been some serious 3rd degree burns.. turns out I just have a small blister (2nd degree), but a good portion of it is glazed

Not going to do that again...
Actually, I probably will.

wacocowboy":1p15vvpr said:
So how much your kids charge you to help you out. That would of been a prime time to ask for a new bike, a 4wheeler or a horse.

That hurts just looking at it glad didn't do more damage. Be careful you need those fingers to grab cheese and spread it on you food.

That's the first think I thought of is how will I spread the cheese... at that point your right I would have agreed to anything :lol:

Nesikep":1p15vvpr said:
Ouch!.. yeah, timing was pretty good though thankfully.

I gotta tell you my dumbarse move I did on Saturday... had to cut a slot on the edge of a 8" I beam to hook a chain in for a drag harrow... about 20 seconds after I finished cutting I forgot it was hot and put my hand on it.... I remembered pretty quickly though! If I didn't have such thick leather on my hands it would have been some serious 3rd degree burns.. turns out I just have a small blister (2nd degree), but a good portion of it is glazed

Not going to do that again...
Actually, I probably will.

Yea that sucks I was welding something and moved to another side to weld and went to flip the piece over without gloves a few mins later maybe 10 mins yea... I learned to pay attention really quick

wbvs58":1p15vvpr said:
It sure must have got you a beauty, it turned all your fingers black.

Ken

:???:

Latest posts