I was just wondering...

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
Does anyone really like candy corn? Why is this colorful yet waxy treat still around? I use them for decorative purposes but not for actual consumption. The only person I know who will actually eat them is my husband, and he'd eat anything. It's that candy corn time of the year.

What about circus peanuts? Are those not the most nasty things ever? Other than candy corn. (I digress)

Who the heck invented candy corn anyway? And peeps? Yuck.

What about wax lips and those little wax bottles with gawd knows what inside? I haven't seen any wax lips in a long time, so someone finally must have gotten wise to that. Were you supposed to eat the wax or just gnaw on it a while and then spit it out? Seems like people aren't supposed to ingest wax.

don't know what circus peanuts are so can't comment, but my hate at the circus and seaside is Candyfloss (Cotton candy).......but one thing I have noticed a lot of this Halloween is toffee apples and that is a real treat. ;-)

chrisy":36t4tqcc said:
don't know what circus peanuts are so can't comment, but my hate at the circus and seaside is Candyfloss (Cotton candy).......but one thing I have noticed a lot of this Halloween is toffee apples and that is a real treat. ;-)

Circus peanuts are an orange marshmellow kind of candy in the shape of a peanut. They are just sugar. I like about one bite of cotten candy and I am done. I don't like the way it melts. I have been snacking on Milk Duds. Good, but hard on the crowns and fillings.

Now you've gone and done it. Going to have to get a bag of candy corn and eat it all. So there goes the waist line.

Oh goodness, I just love candy corn, but just the regular kind, not the candy apple or carmel flavored ones! And the circus peanuts are good too!! Of course that would only mean that I would like the peeps, but only if they are pretty much stale!! Odd person I am!!!

;-)

dun":1jfre3lk said:
Keren":1jfre3lk said:
I have no idea what candy corn is?
Candy corn is made primarily from sugar, corn syrup and honey. Originally, candy corn was made by hand. Manufacturers first combined sugar, corn syrup, and water and cooked them into a slurry. Fondant was added for texture and marshmallows provided a soft bite. The final mixture was then heated and poured into shaped molds. Three passes were required during the pouring process, one for each colored section. Few changes have been made to the process or recipe, with machines now performing the tasks formerly done by people.

Eating some candy corn right now.... Purty good if you ask me. The circus peanuts are good too. Dont care for peeps that much or the wax bottle things.

baxter78":x4mdnc8x said:
Lammie":x4mdnc8x said:
Does anyone really like candy corn? Why is this colorful yet waxy treat still around? I use them for decorative purposes but not for actual consumption. The only person I know who will actually eat them is my husband, and he'd eat anything. It's that candy corn time of the year.

What about circus peanuts? Are those not the most nasty things ever? Other than candy corn. (I digress)

Who the heck invented candy corn anyway? And peeps? Yuck.

What about wax lips and those little wax bottles with gawd knows what inside? I haven't seen any wax lips in a long time, so someone finally must have gotten wise to that. Were you supposed to eat the wax or just gnaw on it a while and then spit it out? Seems like people aren't supposed to ingest wax.

love candy corn and love circus peanuts

Yup, and peeps aren't bad, either.

I LOVE candy corn! If you put one in your mouth with a salted dry roasted peanut (2 peanuts to 1 candy corn is best, but too fast you will run out of peanuts) ~ it is the best. :nod:

Circus peanuts and peeps ~ I would sooner chew off my own knee cap than eat those things.

angie":3pkf86uo said:
Circus peanuts and peeps ~ I would sooner chew off my own knee cap than eat those things.

Wouldn;t the hair get stuck in your teeth?

angie":176ga2fi said:
I LOVE candy corn! If you put one in your mouth with a salted dry roasted peanut (2 peanuts to 1 candy corn is best, but too fast you will run out of peanuts) ~ it is the best. :nod:

Yes, I agree the peanuts and corn go over big here too... we mix them together.

Don't care for the corn myself. The holy grail of tricker treating was snickers bars, reese cups and butterfingers!

Jogeephus":bqwxmlte said:
Don't care for the corn myself. The holy grail of tricker treating was snickers bars, reese cups and butterfingers!

I know what 'Snickers bars' are peanut butter nougat topped with caramel and roasted peanuts and coated in chocolate correct. Snickers up until a few years ago was know as 'Marathon' here and in Ireland. looked up reese cups and we don't have them or anything like them, but butterfingers is know as peanut brittle here. one of my favourites, but not the chocolate covered bars as I am not a lover of chocolate.

HIJACK!! HIJACK!!

Dun, aren't you kinda showing your asp in your avatar???? :)