I warned her.

Help Support CattleToday:

cow pollinater

Reaction score
So my $600 dog had to go back to the vet to get his drain removed today (he was due for rabies and that requires a visit so I didn't complain this time). I warned my wife to make sure she hauled him in the bed of her truck and not up front but we were both on the go so I didn't elaborate beyond that.
This particular dog has one small downside... He shyt's when he travels. Not every time, but most times. I always ran him up in the trailer with the horses. If I had to I'd let him on the bed but it was last resort and I never tied him up so that he could go do it away from the other dogs.
So anyway, my wife went flying down the highway on the way to the vet with the kids in the backseat and her new housebroke buddy plopped in the seat next to her when good ol' Friz decided to remind her about my warning... Right there in the front seat at seventy miles an hour in heavy traffic. :mrgreen:

Why is it that when he's hurt and being all cuddly and sweet he's her dog but when he craps on the seat of her truck he's back to being my dog and therefore it's my fault that he did it? I'm just glad that I get him back and he gets to come in the house now. :lol:

I've had two of them. Dalmatian that would leave a pile in the bed of the truck about half the time and our current lap dog that seems to love my rear seat. :mad:

At least your dogs get in a vehicle. My cur would do pee squirts if I took him in the truck. After leaving vet office I had a heck of a time getting him back into the truck. So now I call the mobile vet, and she had a time getting him into that RV to weigh him. His 3 years is up, so rabies shot time this summer. This should be fun.

I have a Great Pyrenees/Blue Heeler cross or so that's what they told my wife but that dog pukes every time she goes somewhere

You can give them some children's Benedryl to calm their nerves ahead of time. It can really help with the puking. It is 1mg per pound of dog. :D

branguscowgirl":32wrdt9l said:
You can give them some children's Benedryl to calm their nerves ahead of time. It can really help with the puking. It is 1mg per pound of dog. :D

that would be like 85mg wouldn't that knock her out?

wacocowboy":2xpci1yh said:
branguscowgirl":2xpci1yh said:

Nope, just makes them relaxed. And hopefully stops the nervous puking or peeing. Childrens Benadryl is pretty mild. I keep some with me at all times in case my Boston gets stung by a bee. :D Just be sure to check the mg. per cc on the label. You can use the cherry liquid with a syringe or pills either one. And give it about 20-30 minutes ahead of time.
I have had dogs that puke in the car, and they will sometimes outgrow it. Especially if you keep taking them. :)

About 15 years ago I was in the process of moving and loaded my two springer spaniels up in the front of my truck. The older one had been on rides before, but for whatever reason she decided to take a dump (on the bench seat) within about 5 minutes. It was only a 15 minute drive, so figured I'd open the window and deal with it when I got there. Well, apparently the younger one took this as a sign of what he should do, so he shyt on the front seat as well. They then proceeding to spend the remaining 10 minutes walking/crawling/jumping around until there wasn't a single spot on my seat that wasn't smeared with dog crap, except for where I was sitting. That was the last time they went for a ride. I can laugh about it now. It wasn't so funny then.

branguscowgirl":tmylu68f said:
wacocowboy":tmylu68f said:
branguscowgirl":tmylu68f said:

Nope, just makes them relaxed. And hopefully stops the nervous puking or peeing. Childrens Benadryl is pretty mild. I keep some with me at all times in case my Boston gets stung by a bee. :D Just be sure to check the mg. per cc on the label. You can use the cherry liquid with a syringe or pills either one. And give it about 20-30 minutes ahead of time.
I have had dogs that puke in the car, and they will sometimes outgrow it. Especially if you keep taking them. :)

Interesting will keep that in mind if we ever need to take her somewhere. My wife has a Boston Terrier she loves that thing, only problem with her is she farts a lot but that is all the time not just in the car nasty smelling thing.

Latest posts