I want to Know

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Who keeps giving the dang deer a copy of the hunting regulations. During regular season could hardly see a decent buck now blackpowder season is open and spikes and does are all thats legal every time you look around it looks like ole Hartford coming through the woods.

CB when you find out let me know too.
One day before season opend I sat in my pickup and watched a 12point buck eating corn off my feeder at about 10am. I sat and watched him through my scope for about 15min.I got a very good look at his rack,10up and 2 down,with a spread of about 2 1/2 inches beyond his ears.
Then all season had this little yearlin 4 pointer coming out of the woods chasing the does.I finally wound up shooting a doe for meat.
Sure makes you think they read the regulations before season.

Cal

It's all algores fault. If he hadn;t invented the internet the deer wouldn;t be able to go online and read the regs

I know how ya feel
had a nice 12 point on one camera he showed up between 6:30 and 6:45 every morning for 2 weeks 2 days before season he disappeared

He would score between 170 and 180 he started showing up 2nd week of season about 1:30 in the morning and he is still here got a pic of him 4 times in last week so maybe next yr I will open season 3 days early :lol: :lol:

Don't you get damage tags? In my county they don't give them out any more according to the county cops. I have 30 for this year on my desk. Last year I used 42 damage tags.

I thought about this thread yesterday as I was driving down the road between two cotton fields and saw a herd of deer standing in the field. The fools took off when they saw me but they didn't run away from me but ran at me. I stopped the truck and watched as the herd ran within just a few feet of the truck. I had them in front of me and behind me. I could have hit them with a rock they were so close. If I didn't know better I would think they were taunting me since the season went out Thursday.

Jogeephus":314fvcbl said:
I thought about this thread yesterday as I was driving down the road between two cotton fields and saw a herd of deer standing in the field. The fools took off when they saw me but they didn't run away from me but ran at me. I stopped the truck and watched as the herd ran within just a few feet of the truck. I had them in front of me and behind me. I could have hit them with a rock they were so close. If I didn't know better I would think they were taunting me since the season went out Thursday.
They wus probably waitin for you to throw them some deer cubes and corn out for them. I imagine a lot of them free cafe's they are used to are closed till next season by now. They learn the welfare system too you know. :lol2: