I thought this was cool

Help Support CattleToday:

Cheerwine is another smaller soda, it's not too bad either. I think it comes from one of the Carolinas.

Since we're speaking of local stuff, how do you say what we're talking about? In my family, soda has always been pronounced so dee, as are many other words that end with an A.

Clodhopper":2990gkje said:
Cheerwine is another smaller soda, it's not too bad either. I think it comes from one of the Carolinas.

Since we're speaking of local stuff, how do you say what we're talking about? In my family, soda has always been pronounced so dee, as are many other words that end with an A.
Anyone in East TN remember a dope and moon pie?

My wife is from Boston and it's "tonic" no matter what brand or flavor. Water also comes from a bubbler, not a fountain.

Clodhopper":amrzw8mw said:

Here too. So dee.

Margonme":3sr0e0gq said:
Clodhopper":3sr0e0gq said:

Here too. So dee.

I grew up calling it all soda water, but I don't hear that much now.

Rafter S":1ewnq20z said:
Margonme":1ewnq20z said:
Clodhopper":1ewnq20z said:

Here too. So dee.

I grew up calling it all soda water, but I don't hear that much now.
I used to think it was funny my Grandma from Bronx NY called it soda but pronounced it (so-der). I miss her.

HDRider":sxzwqh7x said:
Clodhopper":sxzwqh7x said:

Still hear older folks call it dope every once in a while. Been a while tho. RC cola and a moon pie always good for a snack. Wife's stepdad is from South Dakota, and when we go up there everybody calls it pop.

HDRider":kcyq07n9 said:
Clodhopper":kcyq07n9 said:

That was my dad's favorite snack. I can hear him now: "son, how about getting us a dope and a pie". Pops been gone almost 3 years now. I miss him dearly.....

Bestoutwest":385m58ho said:
Anyone ever had Moxie? It's a Maine drink, comes in an orange can. I had it a couple times to make sure I didn't like it and I could never for the life of me figure out how people drank it.

That stuff is just awful! I guess it is an acquired taste.

Latest posts