I thinkl I got another one

Help Support CattleToday:

Bez>":1djlifyr said:
Somn,

Money order?

Is this not legal tender? It is where I come from. It can be spent anywhere.

I might be leary of a cheque unless certified, but I have never seen a money order that was false. Mind you in this country you can only get them from a bank or a post office. If it came from anywhere else I would not accept it. The money has already been paid out if it is a money order - so no clearing tim eis required.
Exactly the reason I suggested payment by money order in my first reply. You might want to go back and read it again.

somn":3k4bgdxx said:
Bez>":3k4bgdxx said:
Somn,

Money order?

I might be leary of a cheque unless certified, but I have never seen a money order that was false. Mind you in this country you can only get them from a bank or a post office. If it came from anywhere else I would not accept it. The money has already been paid out if it is a money order - so no clearing tim eis required.
Exactly the reason I suggested payment by money order in my first reply. You might want to go back and read it again.

Here, money orders aren't worth the paper they are written on and now its getting where you got to watch out for cashier checks as well.

Jogeephus":246ni33l said:
somn":246ni33l said:
Bez>":246ni33l said:
Somn,

Money order?

Here, money orders aren't worth the paper they are written on and now its getting where you got to watch out for cashier checks as well.
Boy you must live in some really backwoods, redneck, inbred part of the country if your local post office can't tell the difference between a real and a fake USPS money order. Postal money orders are as secure, if not more so, than any other financial instrument.

somn":g6d8gdio said:
Jogeephus":g6d8gdio said:
somn":g6d8gdio said:
Bez>":g6d8gdio said:
Somn,

Money order?

Boy you must live in some really backwoods, redneck, inbred part of the country if your local post office can't tell the difference between a real and a fake USPS money order. Postal money orders are as secure, if not more so, than any other financial instrument.

Gee, the president of my bank must not know what he's doing then again that's probably right cause he loans me money. :lol:

The USPS money orders are safe. I think you can buy them for up to $1000. There are some fake money orders that apparently can fool the banks, because the bank will tell you they are good when you deposit them, but come back days later and tell you they are fraudulant.

I talked to my banker this morning before church and I asked him about this. He said there are so many people out there trying to scam folks its getting really bad. Said money orders used to be safe as was cashier checks. Now they are faking them with computers and even going so far as to make fake websites for banks that don't exist just in case you go online to check to see if the bank the cashiers check is from is real.

In a case like this, I think I would tell the person I will ship the hay when the money clears the bank. Check, money order, cashiers check or whatever.

somn wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:
somn wrote:
Bez> wrote:
Somn,

Money order?

Gee, the president of my bank must not know what he's doing then again that's probably right cause he loans me money. Laughing

Jogeephus
Why waste your time. I have yet to see this guy contribute anything other than confused/muddeld thinking and childish responses.

Anyone that doesn't believe that money orders AND cashers checks can come back weeks or months after their deposit should check with their State AG office. According to the Texas State AG it happens all the time. The last cashers check I got from one of these scammers came from a financial institution with a PO Box.

Yeah, I guess you are right. Just trying to be polite. Backwoods. huh. We got us three street lights in town now!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

dcara":2eovxh3b said:
somn wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:
somn wrote:
Bez> wrote:
Somn,

Money order?

Gee, the president of my bank must not know what he's doing then again that's probably right cause he loans me money. Laughing

Jogeephus
Why waste your time. I have yet to see this guy contribute anything other than confused/muddeld thinking and childish responses.

Anyone that doesn't believe that money orders AND cashers checks can come back weeks or months after their deposit should check with their State AG office. According to the Texas State AG it happens all the time. The last cashers check I got from one of these scammers came from a financial institution with a PO Box.
I will again state that USPS money orders are as secure as any other financial instrument. Including cash. A USPS money order cleared at a US post office will never come back weeks after deposit. As far as confused and muddeld thinking say what you would like it is your opinion. Someday maybe you could dispute what you call my confused and muddeld thinking. To say a USPS money order will come back weeks later shows your knowledge or should I say lack there of. I suppose all the cash you have in your possesion is fake also huh? I really do love you begginer boys in 2004 you are buying hay and are not sure if moldy hay is bad, you wonder if fly **** will hurt the cattle to eat it, you have a bloated steer and don't know what to do. You are thinking about gutting it and cleaning it like a deer, and know 3 years later you are the resident expert on all that is CATTLE. With a degree in law enforcement fighting email scammers. Internet cowboys gotta love em. I've said it before it is amazing what a person can learn from the internet. Someday if you try hard enough you will learn as much about the cattle industry as I have forgot.

somn":1kvmlizx said:
I will again state that USPS money orders are as secure as any other financial instrument. Including cash. A USPS money order cleared at a US post office will never come back weeks after deposit. As far as confused and muddeld thinking say what you would like it is your opinion. Someday maybe you could dispute what you call my confused and muddeld thinking. To say a USPS money order will come back weeks later shows your knowledge or should I say lack there of. I suppose all the cash you have in your possesion is fake also huh? I really do love you begginer boys in 2004 you are buying hay and are not sure if moldy hay is bad, you wonder if fly be nice will hurt the cattle to eat it, you have a bloated steer and don't know what to do. You are thinking about gutting it and cleaning it like a deer, and know 3 years later you are the resident expert on all that is CATTLE. With a degree in law enforcement fighting email scammers. Internet cowboys gotta love em. I've said it before it is amazing what a person can learn from the internet. Someday if you try hard enough you will learn as much about the cattle industry as I have forgot.

Somn you must not be watching the news much lately. Fake money orders and Cashier checks is the new scam of the Internet. It is not about USPS money orders bought at the Post office is about counterfeit Money orders that are being made in someones basement.

Here is a few articles that you can read to bring yourself up to speed on the growing problem of FAKE money orders and the way they are being used on the internet to make purchases.

And you will notice that they are even good enough to fool bankers.

Ps. Google is a strong tool to help save face! ;-)

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Sav ... 122096.asp

http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/mofeatur.htm

http://www.crime-research.org/news/12.12.2004/843/

Some fake Money Orders
forgery.jpg

Dcara, I thought about this some last night and wondered if you have ever tried the following.

Request a mailing address from the potential customer so you can send them an order form. Once you receive this form back, either run a credit check on them or simply call their local sheriff's office to check them out. My bancker friend suggested I join a credit bureau so I can do just this thing. Haven't done it yet but am thinking hard about it after reading this post. (I think he said it was a couple hundred dollars a year which is small change in the scope of things.)

aplusmnt":1m4k5hyn said:
Somn you must not be watching the news much lately. Fake money orders and Cashier checks is the new scam of the Internet. It is not about USPS money orders bought at the Post office is about counterfeit Money orders that are being made in someones basement.
Aplus I'm obviously up to speed on this whole matter better than any of you people are and thank you for helping me make my point. Your right google is a strong tool even more so when someone else does it for you. It seems a couple of your articles are 2 years old or more but they still prove the same point. I will stand behind my first reply and every reply since. A usps money order is a secure as any other financial instrument. If it clears at the post office it won't come back in to weeks. This is taken directly from your one of your links. http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/mofeatur.htm

Neither Mr. McCrary nor the teller at the J. P. Morgan Chase branch where he deposited the postal money orders knew they were bogus. It was only after he was asked to buy more computers and received several more postal money orders that he discovered, after trying to cash them at a post office, that he had been duped. Pay special attention here fellas AFTER TRYING TO CASH THEM AT A POST OFFICE.

Dcara, another con you might watch for is when they ask you to hold the check. If they ask you to hold the check "till they get back with you" but they never do - it is illegal to cash the check.(in Ga anyway) So if it bounces when you cashed it, you committed a crime worse than bouncing a check. Don't really understand all the legal parts of why but a fella around here got people on this for a number of years - he took law in prison. But a friend of mine - the judge - told the man's defense attorney he knew what the law said but didn't think the law's intent was to be used in this purpose and sent him back to college for a multi-year degree. :lol:

somn":3gp2ejud said:
Bez>":3gp2ejud said:
Somn,

Money order?

Got it! I thought it was another person who was questioning it.

We are now on the same page.

Bez>

aplusmnt":196dqo2h said:
somn":196dqo2h said:
I will again state that USPS money orders are as secure as any other financial instrument. Including cash. A USPS money order cleared at a US post office will never come back weeks after deposit. As far as confused and muddeld thinking say what you would like it is your opinion. Someday maybe you could dispute what you call my confused and muddeld thinking. To say a USPS money order will come back weeks later shows your knowledge or should I say lack there of. I suppose all the cash you have in your possesion is fake also huh? I really do love you begginer boys in 2004 you are buying hay and are not sure if moldy hay is bad, you wonder if fly be nice will hurt the cattle to eat it, you have a bloated steer and don't know what to do. You are thinking about gutting it and cleaning it like a deer, and know 3 years later you are the resident expert on all that is CATTLE. With a degree in law enforcement fighting email scammers. Internet cowboys gotta love em. I've said it before it is amazing what a person can learn from the internet. Someday if you try hard enough you will learn as much about the cattle industry as I have forgot.

Here is a few articles that you can read to bring yourself up to speed on the growing problem of FAKE money orders and the way they are being used on the internet to make purchases.

And you will notice that they are even good enough to fool bankers.

Ps. Google is a strong tool to help save face! ;-)

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Sav ... 122096.asp

http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/mofeatur.htm

http://www.crime-research.org/news/12.12.2004/843/

Some fake Money Orders
forgery.jpg

So cash is still king?

Bez>

From the sounds of above, every person out there is a potential crook.

Who does one trust now-a-days?

Bez>

dcara":ja2h3671 said:
somn wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:
somn wrote:
Bez> wrote:
Somn,

Money order?

snip .....

Jogeephus

quote]

Funny how I entered into this to simply state / ask a few things.

Yup I have always been a childish person - funny, I did not attack you yet you throw mud yet again.

I will simply assume that you were talking to someone else.

Have a nice day,

Bez>

Good ideas Jogeephus. I may try them with my next catch. I finally just got around to replying this morning to the one I'm currently working. The past few days have really covered me up. Tranny went out on truck, one of the house AC units started acting up and had to replace the contactor and then the starting cap, the hay tarp ripped in a one of the storms we had recently, had to replace a washing machine faucet connection at one of the rent houses, and repair a roof leak at another. I think I'm starting to swim a little closer to the surface now though.

Apparrently - one of the side effects of dealing with these guys is you end up on a list of other scammers. I was checking my spam folder and found these 2 in it. Although I believe I'll pass on these offers anybody else that would like to collect these funds is more than welcome.

Managing Partner (Herbert & Wallace)
London - United Kingdom.

Notification of Bequest

On behalf of the Trustees and Executor of the estate of Late Engr. Gerhard Wilhelm, I once again try to notify you as my earlier letter was returned undelivered. I hereby attempt to reach you again by this same email address on the WILL. I wish to notify you that late Engr. Gerhard Wilhelm made you a beneficiary to his WILL. He left the sum of Five Million One Hundred Thousand Dollars (USD$5,100.000.00) to you in the codicil and last testament to his WILL.

This may sound strange and unbelievable to you, but it is real and true. Being a widely travelled man, he must have been in contact with you in the past or simply you were referred to him by one of his numerous friends abroad who wished you good. Engr. Gerhard Wilhelm until his death was a former managing director and pioneer staff of a giant construction company. He was a very generous individual who loved to give out. His great philanthropy earned him numerous awards during his lifetime. Engr. Gerhard Wilhelm died on the 9th day of September 2006 at the age of 92 years, and his WILL is now ready for execution. According to him this money is to help the poor and the needy.

Please if I reach you, as I am hopeful, endeavour to get back to me as soon as possible to enable me conclude my job.

I look forward to your prompt response.

Yours sincerely,
Peter Wallace, Esq.

FROM THE DESK OF MR OUSMANE LOMPO
MANAGER AUDIT AND ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT
BANK OF AFRICA( B.O.A )
BURKINAFASO W/AFRICA

I am Mr. Ousmane Lompo, Manager Audit Accounting Department BANK OF AFRICA( B.O.A )I would like to know if this proposal will be worth while for your acceptance.

I have a Foreign Customer,Manfred Hoffman from Germany who is an Investor, Crude Oil Merchant and Federal Government Contractor that was a victim with Concord Air Line, flight AF4590 killing 113 peole crashed on 25 July 2000 near Paris leaving a closing balance of Twelve
Million Eight Hundred Thousand United States Dollars ($12.8m) in one of his Private US Dollar Accountthat is been managed by me as the Customer's Account Officer.

Base on my security report, these funds can be claimed without any hitches as no one is aware of the funds and its closing balance except me and the customer (Now Deceased) therefore, I can present you as the Next of Kin and we will work out the modalities for the claiming of the funds in
accordance with the law.

If you are interested, Please call me to discuss in further details and our sharing ratio will be 60% for me and 30% for you.while 10% will be for the neccesary expenses that might occur along the line. +226 766 42 303

Thank you,
Sincerely
Ousmane Lompo.
N.B.In other for you to beleive me honestly try and go through this
(website)before you start with me.
Below is the website.
(http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/859479.stm)