i think mym calf has 'knuckles'

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

One of my calves is walking on her fetlocks on her front feet, i had another calf do that but grew out of it much quicker, that calf is otherwise healthy and happy, but can't walk on her front feet. Is there anything i can do to help her get over this??? CM

[email protected]

You can splint them, changing the wrapping every day or so, that will usually clear them up in a month or month and a half. Or, you can leave them alone and usually the will grow out of it in 4 to 6 weeks.

dunmovin farms

> One of my calves is walking on
> her fetlocks on her front feet, i
> had another calf do that but grew
> out of it much quicker, that calf
> is otherwise healthy and happy,
> but can't walk on her front feet.
> Is there anything i can do to help
> her get over this??? CM

CM":nuewlmft said:
One of my calves is walking on her fetlocks on her front feet, i had another calf do that but grew out of it much quicker, that calf is otherwise healthy and happy, but can't walk on her front feet. Is there anything i can do to help her get over this??? CM

[email protected]
Had same problem on a new calf,brought out a vet and she put these huge horse splint on her,calf could not get up or down.took them off and put on a people wrist brace for carple tunnel with velcro straps,wrapped with stretchy sports tape that sticks to itself,put on brace and wrapped again.worked perfectly within 4-5 days,took off brace but rewrapped with sports tape for a couple days,calf up and running,[email protected]

harshberger57":1xtu426b said:
... people wrist brace for carple tunnel with velcro straps,wrapped with stretchy sports tape ...
8) those would work great - thanks for the idea - I'll add that to my list of things to remember when I need it in the future! ;-)

Latest posts