I think it is time for a new one

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman

Reaction score
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
I decided today was the day to trade my discbine in and buy a new one I just hope the new one holds up as long as the one I just traded in did
I had a Hesston 1320 discbine it was a 2002 model and I had mowed 17000 bales of hay with it give or take a 1000 and I traded it for a new NH today

Now comes the hard part PAYING FOR IT

Also it was the wifes Birthday so I can say I bought her a new discbine for her BD that was an expensive present see how much I love her :D

Which NH did you get?

I'm stuck on the whole flail/rolls debate if/when I ever replace mine. Will probably get another Vermeer.

kenny thomas":30rhjczo said:
Should have traded for a hesston, or do they still make them?
yes they still make them, but I really like the cutter bar on the NH and it also has a wider cut,

thought about going with a center pivot hesston but they were another $5000 so I probably made a mistake in not sticking with the hesston but I have only heard good things about the NH

cfpinz":2ofkk923 said:
Which NH did you get?

I'm stuck on the whole flail/rolls debate if/when I ever replace mine. Will probably get another Vermeer.
From what I have been told the flails are good if you are only doing grass hay but they don't work as good on crops such as rye, haybeans or alfalfa
I can't state this as fact but it is what I have been told by guys that have them and also the NH salesman who is a retired dairy farmer

Any of you rich farmers that can afford new equipment need to adopt a dependant?

dun":1csrsd8y said:
Any of you rich farmers that can afford new equipment need to adopt a dependant?

I'm doing good to afford a new pack of nabs.