I think am addicted

Help Support CattleToday:

BARNSCOOP

Reaction score
to cattle. Or it's a real serious desire to collect. I regret that I didn't go straight out of High School to Cattle College. I would today be running around looking at peoples cattle, farms, forage, etc. All the things I like.
You know you really like cattle when you look at your horses (which you use) as grass burners, wasting the forage cattle could graze.

BARNSCOOP":2ua67xxu said:
You know you really like cattle when you look at your horses (which you use) as grass burners, wasting the forage cattle could graze.
For as much as I love cattle, it is important to be diversified. It is healthy ~ like balance. I sold my horse for the cattle, and too often I miss her. I do not feel sorry for myself or anything like that, I just wish I would have considered more before making that decision. Several areas of interest keep you interesting and (more importantly) interested. I think you said you are new to this. There will be times now and again when you will want to pull off your gloves and walk away from it, you will be so disgusted with those cows, or calves die or something like that. That's when your horse will come in handy. :nod:

angie":f22uk180 said:
BARNSCOOP":f22uk180 said:
For as much as I love cattle, it is important to be diversified. It is healthy ~ like balance. I sold my horse for the cattle, and too often I miss her. I do not feel sorry for myself or anything like that, I just wish I would have considered more before making that decision. Several areas of interest keep you interesting and (more importantly) interested. I think you said you are new to this. There will be times now and again when you will want to pull off your gloves and walk away from it, you will be so disgusted with those cows, or calves die or something like that. That's when your horse will come in handy. :nod:

Aint that the truth. I've been a bit like that myself the last couple days.

BARNSCOOP":1wvh9flo said:
to cattle. Or it's a real serious desire to collect. I regret that I didn't go straight out of High School to Cattle College. I would today be running around looking at peoples cattle, farms, forage, etc. All the things I like.

I sort of look at horses like I look at boats. They're pretty to look at, can be a lot of fun, but are a big expense that I don't want. I don't want a horse and don't need a horse. My version of a horse is my JD Gator. It doesn't eat any grass and is low maintenance.

grannysoo":1nps06hh said:
BARNSCOOP":1nps06hh said:

I sort of look at horses like I look at boats. They're pretty to look at, can be a lot of fun, but are a big expense that I don't want. I don't want a horse and don't need a horse. My version of a horse is my JD Gator. It doesn't eat any grass and is low maintenance.

Easy to load it with a cooler full of cold ones as well. :nod:

Angie,

I grew up with horses and I will always have at least one, if the good Lord sees it fit for me to do so. I should say I would like to always have an equine. We have two mules and two horses. My husband says he will not ride a horse again after having bought and ridden a gaited mule this last year. We have a three month old mule we will raise until we know if she is gaited or not. Here is a picture of her the day she was born 3/25/09 and a couple of my husbands mule.

well i got both and plan LORD WILLIN' to keep em... they dont get used as much as i like now,, but their there when i want em. in the right sitting, cattle and horses go together , but managed seperately.