I STRONGLY ADVISE...

Help Support CattleToday:

Mine took almost 2 years before the pain was less than it had been before surgery

I have heard this same thing about pain from several others. That is one reason I keep telling my husband not to have it done.I surely hope yours will soon be much better and you will be free of pain.

My husband had it done twice on one shoulder, once on the other. Just make sure you keep up on the pain meds before the pain kicks in and as much as it hurts, PT is necessary. Vicariously feel your pain and hope you heal quickly.

Boss'will be 2 years September, can't move it any better than before and appears to hurt alot and mine has been wrecked for 15 years. No surgery for me I hope!

M-5":363991jv said:
Hope it gets to feeling better. From what I've seen it takes about 4 to 6 weeks before its tolerable.
Nope. Takes longer than that....
dun":363991jv said:
Mine took almost 2 years before the pain was less than it had been before surgery
Same here
Williamsv":363991jv said:
I have heard this same thing about pain from several others. That is one reason I keep telling my husband not to have it done.I surely hope yours will soon be much better and you will be free of pain.
waiting to get it done doesn't help your odds of a successful outcome.
TCRanch":363991jv said:
My husband had it done twice on one shoulder, once on the other. Just make sure you keep up on the pain meds before the pain kicks in and as much as it hurts, PT is necessary. Vicariously feel your pain and hope you heal quickly.
Had mine done about 3 years after injury. Wasn't all that bad of injury so I thought. I had torn rotar cuff and a torn lateral. Fixing the lateral helped but I retore the rotor cuff either in pt or as I woke up from surgery. Dock said I had a 50 % chance a second surgery would fix it. Although I don't have near the strength as before, I am mostly pain free and can actually raise my arm above my head, something that was painful prior to surgery, but it did take over a year after I quit therapy for that.

melking":1yad10kp said:
I strongly advise against shoulder surgery. If you can't stand the pain you have currently you be nice sure can't stand the pain of the surgery. OUCH!!!!
Oh yeah. Pain meds are your friend for sure. Use them, get ahead of it and stay their. Do the pt, but be sure they don't let you do yourself harm. I tolerated more pain during therapy than I should have. I know I woke up with intense pain and reflexes made me move before I was fully awake but it was probably in therapy Where I let them take me to far to fast and retore mine.

Sorry, but yes I can feel your pain. Deep breath.

Dang y'all are depressing me. Fell and tore my rotator cuff early Feb. Went thru PT and it didn't help much, I dunno. Finally got a bit better then has been acting up again...
Wish I could rewind the clock to the 10 seconds before I wiped out. It was on a wet hill, wasn't even icy, just fell wrong.
My mother-in-law (early 80's) says old age ain't for sissies. I'm starting to think middle age isn't either, at least for those of us who are klutzes. (When it's not my shoulder, it's my back from a gym injury (in part); or migraines I've had since my nose met a hammer in 2011; or the deep ache in my foot, broken jumping out of my truck 2 years ago and tangling it up in the tailgate wire. Foot stayed in truck as rest of me hit the ground face first. As I said, I'm not known for being graceful).

Latest posts