I still don't feel safe.

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest":m8j21co5 said:
True Grit Farms":m8j21co5 said:
That might have been prosecuted as second degree, or manslaughter. You have no right to draw your gun, nor would she, but you to fire on her would have been uncalled for. If she had approached you, the best thing to do would to stay silent about the gun. "Afternoon, mam, how are you today?" would have been a better approach. Remember the trick to catching bees? It's good advice.

You are not familiar with Georgia gun laws, I don't even need a CC permit to have a loaded gun in my vehicle. We also have a stand your ground law that permits you to fight instead of retreating and being shot in the back. And staying silent on having a gun is the worst advice ever in a non lethal situation. I want to address the situation as fast as possible so there's no lack of communication problems.

You missed my point. If she hasn't threatened you at all, you have no right to draw your gun. Also, if she is saying hello, with no indication that you're going to be hassled/in trouble, why bother telling her about it. If you're just going to move on in 30 seconds, why keep yourself there for a lot longer dealing with the aftermath of telling her you have a gun? When it becomes a law enforcement issue, then mention it. I wouldn't expect you to tell me you have a gun if I pass you on the sidewalk, so why do it here?[/quote]

This wasnt a 30 second ordeal, and she never had any idea I had a gun or what I was thinking. The bottom line is, I was treating her the way I hope someone will treat me in that same situation.

callmefence":rge6zki9 said:
True Grit Farms":rge6zki9 said:
callmefence":rge6zki9 said:
I pretty much just blew my lunch all over the cab of my truck. You picked on sky for going to welding school but you've been paying for firearms training. Good grief man at least you were losing your mind with some dignity.

I'll give you a even better laugh, I went to welding school myself. I sure didn't mean to pick on Sky for going to school and trying to learn the right way of doing things. You and Farm Fence Solutions have been schooling us on fencing for free. Thanks

Your welcome.
Now if you'll use everything you've learned and go weld your front gate closed. With you on the inside. You and all the folks around you can feel safe.

I might live forever if I did that, but then I couldn't help save the country.

True Grit Farms":1msvhdn2 said:
callmefence":1msvhdn2 said:
True Grit Farms":1msvhdn2 said:
I'll give you a even better laugh, I went to welding school myself. I sure didn't mean to pick on Sky for going to school and trying to learn the right way of doing things. You and Farm Fence Solutions have been schooling us on fencing for free. Thanks

Your welcome.
Now if you'll use everything you've learned and go weld your front gate closed. With you on the inside. You and all the folks around you can feel safe.

I might live forever if I did that, but then I couldn't help save the country.

From revolvers?

I hate to fault anyone for being cautious, but being overly cautious comes off as looking suspicious in a lot of situations - bank parking lots being a prime example. Backing into your parking spot probably threw up a red flag. Our local bank does not keep a guard on duty, but I'm told that any time someone backs into a parking spot outside the bank, or parks sideways across the marked spaces, they call law enforcement immediately. If you park like you're prepared for a quick getaway, and wait in the drivers seat, being alert and constantly checking out your surroundings, you probably draw suspicion on yourself. I don't doubt she was checking you out, also don't doubt there were pictures being taken of you, too. If you whip into the closest spot to the door, and start staring at your phone the second the wife gets out and you put the vehicle in park, nobody's going to give you a second look.

It's kind of like sitting in one corner of a cafe in a place you're not known, while a cop is sitting in the other - you're thinking you're gonna have his (or her) back if something bad goes down, but the cop sees you on alert, knows you're probably carrying, and has to wonder if you're the threat...

Latest posts