I saw something new today too.

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Bales of straw that were 5x5 square. Instea of twine they had one inch plastic strapping on them.

:shock: :shock: Never seen that size nor the straps. Everything around here is 4x4x6 I believe with just big string. What's the main use for it up your way dun?

TexasBred":1flca2r6 said:
:shock: :shock: Never seen that size nor the straps. Everything around here is 4x4x6 I believe with just big string. What's the main use for it up your way dun?
I have no idea what it's far and didn;t bother asking. It was all stacked behind a local feed store.

there is a guy around here that square bails and has a module builder that makes them about 5' wide 5'high and 6 or 8' long. I have never been close enough to see how he bands his. He loads most of it on flatbeds and it hauled off somewhere. its horse hay.

dun":1tqk4vry said:
TexasBred":1tqk4vry said:
I have no idea what it's far and didn;t bother asking. It was all stacked behind a local feed store.
Know a guy down here that bales it in big squares and sells it to a couple of mushroom farms. The grind it and mix it with horse manure and some other stuff and grow mushrooms in it. Must be a good market as he's done it for 20 years I suppose.

Latest posts