I new way to get the chores done

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
My computer is indicating today is January 11th. Traditionally on January 11th, it is colder than a well diggers a$$ and in an effort to get chores done, I am pulling on every piece of clothing I can find. Not this Jan 11th, it's raining out! The driveway and walkways are shear ice, so it looks like I will be pulling the ice skates out to get the chores done. I have worn cross country skis to check fence before, but NEVER ice skates.

Red Bull Breeder":3akfdnqa said:
Be careful MM that ice is nasty stuff.

Thank you, the worst part about ice at this time of the year is that we will now battle it until spring thaw.

john250":3akfdnqa said:
Do the cows get skates also? Video would be much appreciated. :lol2:

Video would be great except for me to skate and shoot the video at the same time, may produce results like that one scarey movie, (can't remember the name), that made everyone want to puke. The cows best bet is to just park it on that 2 year old hay bale I tossed out there the other day.

MistyMorning":1s3x8gbj said:
Video would be great except for me to skate and shoot the video at the same time, may produce results like that one scarey movie, (can't remember the name), that made everyone want to puke. The cows best bet is to just park it on that 2 year old hay bale I tossed out there the other day.
Oooo Blair Witch Project!

Be careful out there dearling ~ if you were to fall at your age... :( Almost killed myself in the parking lot this morning.

Supposed to be going downhill skiing with the church on Sunday (not me, I'm just the driver. I'll sit in the lodge, drink Baileys and read). But I worry what the slopes will be like.....

angie":1g5fhp81 said:
Oooo Blair Witch Project!

Yep that's the one! Ish!

Be careful out there dearling ~ if you were to fall at your age... :( Almost killed myself in the parking lot this morning.

I remembered Santy Claus brought me some of those tire dealys with the spikes in them. Along with a ski pole I was able to move like dun out there. :D

Supposed to be going downhill skiing with the church on Sunday (not me, I'm just the driver. I'll sit in the lodge, drink Baileys and read). But I worry what the slopes will be like.....

They will groom the slopes so that instead of shear ice, there will be ice chunks everywhere, thereby insuring several folks making the trip to the emergency room. Sitting in the lodge is the best bet for you, except why don't you stick to diet pepsi instead of the booze okay? You know you have "issues" with the alcohol. :p Did I tell you I got some new living room furniture?

MistyMorning":ka8z2gzt said:
I remembered Santy Claus brought me some of those tire dealys with the spikes in them.
Santa called me in November to see if you could be moved off the naughty list.
Obviously he didn't listen to a word I said. :roll:

Try not to break anything vital. :mrgreen:

If you are talking about the slipon dealies for ice fishing those should work well for getting around the place.

until they clog up with frozen manure that is! :shock:

3waycross":1eyrpit3 said:
Try not to break anything vital. :mrgreen:

If you are talking about the slipon dealies for ice fishing those should work well for getting around the place.

until they clog up with frozen manure that is! :shock:

Yep those are the deal. Not to worry about them getting clogged with cow or horse manure, I stood outside the corral and stared at them and they stood inside the river of poo and stared back at me. My biggest concern as far as chit goes is the dogs stuff, seems all this melting and rain has uneartherd quite the chit show out there.

Now remember Angel, try some self control in the lodge, at the very least stick with one type of booze instead of asking for one of everything on the shelf! :D

"tire dealys with spikes in them", all I could think of was studded tires but couldn't figure out how a ski pole came into play. :lol: My wife uses the term "dealy" often, then it turns into 20 questions.

MistyMorning":1rk4y0jn said:
Now remember Angel, try some self control in the lodge, at the very least stick with one type of booze instead of asking for one of everything on the shelf! :D
Bah ~ its a church function. What could possibly go wrong?
:cowboy:

I feel for you, doing chores in the frigid cold is bad enough let alone trying to navigate walking around on ice. Our weather here has been freeze, snow ,thaw, freeze ,snow ,thaw. The hay bales are all frozen and it is a real bleep to get the twine off of them, IF you even can. The cattle do not want to eat them because they have to chew through ice . My straw bales are frozen together and if you try to lift one off the stack that net wraps rips and the whole bale falls apart . :mad: We have had winter for over 3 months now and still have 4 &1/2 months to go . :???:

We do this why again ? :roll:

MistyMorning":15gy70ey said:
My computer is indicating today is January 11th. Traditionally on January 11th, it is colder than a well diggers a$$ and in an effort to get chores done, I am pulling on every piece of clothing I can find. Not this Jan 11th, it's raining out! The driveway and walkways are shear ice, so it looks like I will be pulling the ice skates out to get the chores done. I have worn cross country skis to check fence before, but NEVER ice skates.

My grandad built a pond and he bought some skates. Eventually the thing froze over and the adults thought it would be a good idea for me to skate. I got a pair of skates that fit like bowling alley shoes and I spent most of that Sunday afternoon falling down. I even fell down when I took the skates off. Monday I was too bruised to move.
Misty, you use this opportunity to get the bovines up and skating and I'll get us a deal with "Disney on Ice". ( I get 50% for the idea, you get all the rest)

john250":29xgj4yf said:
MistyMorning":29xgj4yf said:

My grandad built a pond and he bought some skates. Eventually the thing froze over and the adults thought it would be a good idea for me to skate. I got a pair of skates that fit like bowling alley shoes and I spent most of that Sunday afternoon falling down. I even fell down when I took the skates off. Monday I was too bruised to move.
Misty, you use this opportunity to get the bovines up and skating and I'll get us a deal with "Disney on Ice". ( I get 50% for the idea, you get all the rest)
Our garden, about 3/4 acre, used to flood every winter then we would iceskate on it. Worked good as long as you didn;t hit any downed cornstalks.

dun":2t4w2y05 said:
used to flood every winter then we would iceskate on it. Worked good as long as you didn;t hit any downed cornstalks.

Oooo that makes me cringe just thinking about it! Brings back memories of skating on a local pond, as a kid, and every now and then you'd hit a 'cattail' that froze in a knocked-down position....ouch! :lol2:

Katherine

angie":3vm0uy8s said:

That's comforting to know, specially since you can't see over the steering wheel without a pillow.